Thread: N 308WK Progress

N 308WK Progress

On another forum several people asked about this rebuild progress. I am not on that website anymore, no longer welcome since I can't applaud bombing kids and women: so I will use this site.
    Wish I had more progress to report, things are still coming along, if slowly. The wings were rebuilt and finished last year with a coat of primer paint.
    The engine was removed and shipped to California for overhaul. It was running well when removed, no apparent problems, but best practice is to oh it since it had almost a 1000 hours since last oh.
    I spoke to the shop today and it has been disasembeld and at first inspection looks good. The shop has another order in front of me, so don't have any real idea how much longer it will be.
    The reason that we are not working full time on any other aspect of needed items is simple, money. I have been spending at a controlled rate and doing the work in the order of major items needed. Thus, until the wings were done, that came ahead of the engine, and that comes ahead of the prop for instance.
    In the meantime the stock market has risen quite a bit in the last couple of years, so funds that are invested grow rather than spend it too quickly and run out too soon.
    Yes, I'd like to be flying again, and hope to someday, but in any case I got to experience something for 20 years that most people would love to do.
    And I and we hope and intend to finish, haven't given up.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Bill

Banned
    Would have been far less mysterious to have mentioned the airplane name but because of our previous exchanges I probably knew what you were talking about so a quick search confirmed it. Your Spitfire is a very unique and extremely rare 2 place that I have never seen in the flesh and I doubt many others have as well. I hope your equity holdings keep rising and growing at a quick rate of return so that we can all see your Spit at Oshkosh in the near future. That would be a treat. My ride, we can negotiate at the appropriate time!