Thread: New Free Aviation App

New Free Aviation App

I just wanted to let this group know, that after several months of research, I have published a new aviation app called “Airport Courtesy Cars”, both in Google Play and the Apple App Store. It has over 1000 listings nationwide in text format and on a Google map. Ability to tap the phone number on the app to call ahead and check on your car’s availability. I will be offering coupons from local restaurants and other attractions to the listings that will offer discounts to pilots flying in. If you know of a particular café etc that you would like me to contact, please shoot me an email on the app. I hope you find it useful.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Just wanted to post an update that the app has almost 1100 listings now, with new coupons for pilots being added, slowly but surely. Also wanted to clarify that this is a phone app, if you try to search for it on a tablet or iPad it will not show, has to be searched for from a phone. You can load it on an iPad if you change your filter to search for iPhone apps. Thank you.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    EAA member since 1980

thanks, Glenn

Thank you iPhone users for waiting out the IOS 9 upgrade while the Airport Courtesy Car app was down. The app is back up for all users and the layout and look of the app has been upgraded also. The listings continue to grow, currently at over 1,520, and approaches 25,000 launches. Please continue to send in listings I have missed or corrections that need to be made and I will get right on them. And if you use and like the app, please consider a small donation to help with expenses, even the tip that you leave on the lunch counter is appreciated. There are PayPal links on the app, and my mailing address is also listed within the app. Glenn
    PS: Also wanted to mention the app now has a search feature that many people asked for.
    Last edited by gbrasch; 10-04-2015 at 04:27 PM.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    EAA member since 1980

Checked App Store. Returned No Results

On a phone or iPad? If iPad you have to change the search setting for phone apps, or you can try this link:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/airport-courtesy-cars/id941335250?mt=8#

Also, Along with tons of other apps, mine has had problems with iOS 9, it is back at Apple for review and should be fixed soon. Glenn
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    EAA member since 1980