Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certificated Owners: Would you re-register as Experimental if you could?

I have installed several types of panel lighting from strip lights to UMA electroluminescent bezels. Most came from Aircraft Spruce. All were STC d, some required no paperwork, while others needed to do a 337 for install with an STC. Never had any problems from the Fed.

I took the good survey. Sorry to see all the negative comments. If you don't think that the OEMs are looking for solutions, you haven't been a part of any of the ASTM meetings or haven't heard the right stories. We are all VERY interested in this! OEMs don't want to add $$$ for a stick pusher, $$$$ for avionics, $$ for lighting, etc. We would definitely love to produce an airplane that a much larger percentage of the population can afford. We also realize that a $150K LSA is not affordable. The biggest problem at the moment with the re-write is the assumption that more regulations means a safer airplane (and less regulations means a less safe airplane). We need to continue to fight the good fight, and I, personally, applaud your efforts. Thanks!

Remember that you can use equivalent or better parts on legacy aircraft; even automotive, etc. I would be tempted to consider LED lighting to be better than original.

We are so lucky here in Canada. We have the OM category. I am, as of lately. still the only Grumman Cheetah in the category and I have not regretted it for a minute.
    I now have a much simpler exhaust system, Pmags, Trutrak autopilit, Efis, and a smoke system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4rTclBWUQ

Did it all myself. I understand some pilots are not comfortable doing stuff to their airplanes but that is okay. I have had AME's work on my airplane and they had no problem as they don't have to write in the log book.
    My insurance with EAA Cplan stayed the same.
    As far as the value of the airplane who knows, airplanes aern't worth much anyway.

Ray Toews
    Fort Vermilion AB
    AA5Ax