Thread: New Book: Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots

New Book: Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots

My new book..

Fifty Classic Destinations for Pilots. Epic Adventures, Romance and Outdoor Fun in the Western USA.

..is now available at www.fiftyclassics.com

This book isn't meant as a detailed guidebook with frequencies and telephone numbers but as an inspiring guide to the best flying destinations and flying adventures. The book is a large-format 8.5 x 11 inches with 190 full-color pages and lots of photography.

The adventures begin with forever-classics such as flying to Catalina Island, a romantic stay in Sedona or visiting Yosemite, Zion, Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. The book then adds new-classics such as swimming down a slot canyon in Fry Canyon Utah, hiking to the Colorado River from Cliff Dweller's airstrip or a photography expedition to Mono Lake California. Some adventures are genuine epic adventures such as climbing Mt. Hood in Oregon or running the Colorado River down the Grand Canyon in Arizona while some are more relaxing such as having a romantic weekend getaway at a B&B in Mendocino or flight-seeing above the San Juan Islands in
    Washington.

The book is focused on the outdoors so please don't expect museums and a lot of big cities. The book has only been out a few weeks but thankfully (and with a sigh of relief) I can report excellent reviews for the book. It should make a good gift. However if you get it and don't like, I'll gladly take it back.

Thank you,
    Ney

Book update: Thankfully, the books has received great reviews. It is now available at Aircraft Spruce, Sporty's as well as www.fiftyclassics.com