Thread: Aeromobile 3.0 anyone?

Aeromobile 3.0 anyone?

Just ran across this on Yahoo News. http://www.aeromobil.com/ Anyone know any thing about it? Comments?

Tim

Banned
    Yup, been in development and in the media for a couple of years. Just another fruitless, impractical flying car concept if you like that sort of thing.

Not my cup of tea, but this one seems far more practical and developed than the vast majority of flying car projects that are just vaporware. Seen just as an airplane that you can keep at home and drive to and from the airport, it's pretty impressive, though I am sure it will be ridiculously expensive. See the video of it in flight here:

Last edited by cluttonfred; 11-12-2014 at 10:35 PM.
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

I am curious as to what the projected cost is going to be. Lots of little spindly pieces and parts hanging off of it, I'd sure be puckered up in traffic. Of course I'd be puckered up driving a new Lambo or Ferrari in traffic too.

Maybe need to add some nerf bars.

Tim

Banned
    In printed media, the CEO says price is projected to be in the area of a sports super car plus a small plane. So....I'm thinking $900K. Gee, at that price you could buy almost 4 Terrafugias!

Better wrap it in a shark cage for those leisurely drives to the mall. Wouldn't want to get a door ding on your critical flying surfaces. Or if you're a Saudi prince, you'll probably buy 2, keep one for spare parts.