Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 AirVenture Winning Ideas Contest

Lightbulb 2012 AirVenture Winning Ideas Contest

Give us your ideas!

Do you have an original idea for a new t-shirt slogan or design for AirVenture 2012? We'd like to see or hear about it. Now we are not talking about your run-of-the-mill "place the logo on the pocket" design ideas here. We are talking about an out-of-the-ballpark t-shirt concept that will make every aviation enthusiast say, "I absolutely have to have that!"

You don't have to be an artist!!
    While you are welcome to submit pictures to help illustrate your idea, a simple text description is just fine. We will compile all of the ideas and have our professional designers flesh them out and turn them into game winning designs. Who knows, your idea could be the inspiration for the best selling AirVenture 2012 t-shirt!!

Submit your ideas before Friday October 21st by replying to this post. All EAA members that submit an idea will be entered into a drawing for a $50 EAA Merchandise gift card, to be drawn during the week of October 24th.

Note:
    by submitting your t-shirt design idea to EAA, you grant EAA a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, promote, sell and display your idea or concept in connection with EAA AirVenture Oshkosh.

Volunteer T-shirt

Since a sponsor is no longer available for providing annual volunteer t-shirts, I believe that many of the volunteers would be willing to purchase a "volunteer" t-shirt for themselves.
    It would be best if these T-shirts were less expensive than the standard "Wearhouse" varieties, as the volunteers are already contributing generously to EAA.
    People wishing to purchase these Tee's would just need to identify themselves and the area where they volunteer. (If an occasional "non-volunteer" should purchase one, the shirt would still be "funded" and the individual might be guilted into actually pitching in at the convention!)

Just a thought, but I know that the North 40 missed their t-shirts this summer and are working on having their own printed annually to keep up the tradition!

Vintage printed their own volunteer Hawaiian shirts this here so we could all wear them on Orlo shirt day. This is good because I can't find my "Orlo" shirt (The hawaiian shirt that has a dozen iron on transfers of Mr. Ellison all over it).

Pocket-T Please provide a reasonable variety of pocket T's. I'd proudly wear a good EAA t-shirt, but it must have a pocket on the chest. All my shirts have pockets, as I carry my scribes, notepad and cellphone in my pocket. I can't be the only engineer or geek that insists on pockets. I was so disappointed this year that the EAA pocket t-shirts were very slim pickings. I think there may have been only one. And not a very good one. I didn't buy it. But the FLYING tent had at least 3. I know that because I stopped looking when I found 3 pocket T's that I liked. Needless to say, that had a good selection. I'd rather be wearing an EAA pocket t-shirt. I'd be willing to pay a bit more. Just give us a a reasonable good selection. Two years ago you had a very simple, non-dated pocket T's in varous colors. They simply said EAA. I like the idea of having non-dated print or embroidery. I am not an artist, so I cannot offer you a deisgn. I hope many people step up and offer great design ideas for this contest. But please, offer some of them with pockets. -Todd

I'm just here for the airplanes.

(Show a geeky attendee looking up)
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

PICTURE: Blue sky with Clouds and a small plane pointed upward

SAYING: Flying brings you a little closer to Heaven

Next year will be the 75 the anniversary of the Cub. That;s as good an image as any for a shirt, and make it a J3, not some modern adpaption.
    I also agree that Tshirts should have at pocket, for sun glasses or reading glasses, etc.
    Note, most of the shirts at warbirds have pockets, come on over and buy them there next July ,rather than some commercial vendor.

How about using the Davinci quote (or part of it)
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. And, have the imagery of people looking up to the sky (cartoon characters?) ...no aircraft or just the belly of an aircraft in the clouds etc?

I will amend this by saying the clouds can spell the name and year of the event

Last edited by Ro Drop; 10-23-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: addendum

I would like to see a picture of a Heritage Flight with each major war represented and a reproduction of the poem " High Flight "
    High Flight

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
    I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air.
    Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.
    Author:
    Pilot Officer Gillespie Magee
    No 412 squadron, RCAF
    Killed 11 December 1941
    Perhaps it could be done in 2015 to celebrate 70 yrs after WW II.

It would be cool to have a t-shirt that had a large Sergio Aragones/MAD magazine type caricature of the EAA grounds. They are fun to stare at and find the interesting items hidden in them. For the EAA grounds you could have all kinds of classic things like Jerry's One-Man-Band, The Viking Aircraft (w/ wing walker), and maybe some fantasy items like Harrison Ford with the Millinneum Falcon, etc. The hardest part would be making it small enough to fit on the shirt! Maybe you'd have section it off and release one each year; One year could be a Fly-in theatre scene, another a Camp Scholler theme, etc.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about: http://www.breakingtheline.com/.a/6a...9696eab970c-pi