Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Posters in the Hangar?

OK, here is an idea. The screws that protrude from the walls into your space likely extend our 1/2" or more from the wall.

Cut some square blocks from 2/4 stock. Drill a hole into the middle of each block that is the screw size. Fill each hole with epoxy-flox mix. Press the block over the screw and allow to cure. You may need to use tape to hold the blocks in place during the cure.

With blocks in place, attach a panel to those blocks that your posters can be attached to.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    I'd go to Lowe's or Home Depot, get some thin plywood, cut it to the size of the cardboard and replace it.
    Good idea, but I'm concerned that the thin stuff will warp with humidity changes just like the cardboard. I'll have to check out the sheets of lexan/Plexiglas they have; if that's less than $10 or so, it might be a good solution.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    OK, here is an idea. The screws that protrude from the walls into your space likely extend our 1/2" or more from the wall.

Cut some square blocks from 2/4 stock. Drill a hole into the middle of each block that is the screw size. Fill each hole with epoxy-flox mix. Press the block over the screw and allow to cure. You may need to use tape to hold the blocks in place during the cure.

With blocks in place, attach a panel to those blocks that your posters can be attached to.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS
    Now that's ingenious, Wes. I'll have to check the location of the screws, otherwise I like the idea.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Magnets… Strong magnets.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Good idea, but I'm concerned that the thin stuff will warp with humidity changes just like the cardboard. I'll have to check out the sheets of lexan/Plexiglas they have; if that's less than $10 or so, it might be a good solution.
    Lexan is just as good, but can be a two-sided moisture barrier, trapping humidity between it and the poster.

I was thinking that one would varnish the plywood, and thus eliminate any warping from humidity, and it's pretty good at insulating the poster itself from rapid heat changes. And it's leaky enough due to its surface being less than smooth to wick moisture away from the poster and let it escape around the edges.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.