Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server error 500

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    I don't know if this is related to the 500 error or if it is a different, new problem. I have been unable to access the forum from Tapatalk. It shows that it is there but it will not load any threads. I've tried new threads, and the regular forum entry, no dice. I usually only travel with an iPad and this time a year is a busy time so I won't be home much. I'm bummed.

Any hints, tips, or tricks I can try? I'm back on the road for a couple days starting tonight so I might not be able to mess with it until the weekend.

Thanks!
    Hey Jim - we're pretty sure that Tapatalk was the cause of the memory / server 500 errors, so we've had to turn it off while they investigate. I miss it too, and hope we can figure out a solution!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    I use Tapatalk almost exclusively to access this group. I finally logged in on iPad and saw this thread. Any idea when things might return to normal?
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRice85 View Post
    I use Tapatalk almost exclusively to access this group. I finally logged in on iPad and saw this thread. Any idea when things might return to normal?
    Not at this point, unfortunately. All we know for sure is that Tapatalk was apparently causing a major memory issue, and disabling it resolved the problem. I'm hoping to see an update from Tapatalk in the near future, but don't have any kind of ETA. It's frustrating for me personally because I rely on it pretty heavily for notifications of new posts, etc., but it's also something that only 2% of our registered users have ever tried, much less used actively. Regardless, I'll keep at it as I can.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Just wanted to check up on this. I'm a Tapatalk user (thankfully, I'm not using the most recent release/update, which makes it a horrible program to try and use). Any update or estimate when we'll get the Tapatalk functionality back?

Just bumping up the thread. :-)

Hal, thanks for the work. I miss the board but I don't get on much when I'm on the road because (as you are aware) the web interface on a phone or iPad is a PITA

Jim
    Off to Omaha and Des Moines next week!
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem