Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Openaero - IAC rules?

Openaero - IAC rules?

Hi,

The sequence drawing program on Openaero.net checks sequences for a number of rules including CIVA, French, British, German etc, but seems to be lacking the IAC rules. From the developers page I can see there is some kind of script file than defines the rules and this can be amended with additional rules. Are there somebody in this community that is working on this?

Openaero is a great tool for generating sequences, (although the site appears too be down at the moment), however I downloaded a zip file for local installation from here: Installation - open-aero - How to install OpenAero sequence ...and this runs fine.

Happy flying

I think that you just volunteered. The OpenAero author has stated that he wants the program to be open source and to have persons in each geography submit updates for their own national features.

Do you still have to manually type in "IAC" to get the IAC logo and forms?

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

OK, IŽll have a look at this and see if I can figure out the way rules are programmed into this system- IŽll do the Sportsman and Intermediate as these are the most pressing for my need (and also easier rules) . The IAC forms and logo is very easy and intuitive to use, just give it a try at openaero.net . IŽll report progress here, but dont expect too much too soon...
    Last edited by ChrisPilot; 10-30-2014 at 11:59 AM.

I'd like to know how to enlarge the figure elements, for exemple a snap(the triangle is still to small) even when I enlarge the figure with the zoom feature the elements stay too small...thanks!!!

I have tried to establish the IAC rules for the 2015 free sequences, and have uploaded the file to the developers of Openaero. Hopefully a new version will soon be out with the IAC rules implemented. Enjoy and fly safely.

New version with IAC rules available: http://www.openaero.net

ChrisPilot, if you are still checking this thread, I will say thanks for following through on the OpenAero update. Since I have just been tapped to be the Chair of the IAC Judges Program, as a fellow volunteer I will lobby that you continue to keep the IAC aspect of OpenAero in sync with IAC. My e-mail is on the IAC web site, so if you have any thoughts or input on the Judges Program, please send me a note.

Happy New Year,

Wes
    N78PS

Christian, thanks for your work and help with making OpenAero compliant with IAC Rules.

Regards,

Mike Heuer
    IAC President

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPilot View Post
    I have tried to establish the IAC rules for the 2015 free sequences, and have uploaded the file to the developers of Openaero. Hopefully a new version will soon be out with the IAC rules implemented. Enjoy and fly safely.

Anyone know if the new rules are in Openareo yet?

I wrote Ringo Massa on this a couple of weeks ago and he says they are there -- with the exception of Unknown rules, which has little effect on us anyway, since Unknowns come direct from Brian Howard to each of our regional contests.

Mike Heuer
    IAC President