Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When you are labeling your panel....

When you are labeling your panel....

My dad and I are nearing the completion of our Glasair III. It has been a long project as we mark our fifth year on it. We are two time offenders having finished our Glastar in 2008. The Glasair III, my dream plane, has turned out to be a much more challenging build but as we are labeling the panel it hits home how satisfying building an airplane can be. Sometimes the list of things to do seems overwhelming and the desire to fly your project can drive you a little crazy. Steadfast effort and determination will see you through those times and get you to the really good times. Don't give up!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man, that's sweetness.

I'm in the homestretch of my own plane to where I'm at the "paper doll" part of putting things on the panel....and it feels good.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Good for you Frank. I just want people to remember that there are lots of times it does feel good. Especialy when they get frustrated during the build.
    Last edited by Todd copeland; 10-16-2014 at 05:02 PM.

And the progress continues....

Your panel probably costs more than my whole aircraft!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Actualy Frank, not so. It make look high end but there is only $27k in this panel. The garmin g3x and avionics were very reasonable when I priced it out. Comparable to dynon etc. so I went with Garmin as I have always been happy with their products. I wish I had less than that in the rest of the plane but it's a Glasair III and it just isn't that cheap!

It make look high end but there is only $27k in this panel.
    Okay, your panel definitely costs more than my whole airplane! In fact, your panel is almost exactly enough to build two of my little Nieuports!

However, I suspect that on a cold day or when one wants to carry a passenger you've got it all over my little open cockpit one seat biplane! Or if you want to get somewhere quick, as your cruise speed is almost three times my Vne, your stall speed is faster than my cruise, and your wheels go up and down on something other than bungee cords!

Then again, I get to wear a leather flying helmet and goggles, so there is that...

Now, then, we demand pictures of the rest of the plane. In just a few shots you've revealed a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in a complex build that really needs to be seen by us brother builders as an example of how it's done right, pour encourager les autres.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Okay, your panel definitely costs more than my whole airplane! In fact, your panel is almost exactly enough to build two of my little Nieuports!

However, I suspect that on a cold day or when one wants to carry a passenger you've got it all over my little open cockpit one seat biplane! Or if you want to get somewhere quick, as your cruise speed is almost three times my Vne, your stall speed is faster than my cruise, and your wheels go up and down on something other than bungee cords!

Then again, I get to wear a leather flying helmet and goggles, so there is that...

Now, then, we demand pictures of the rest of the plane. In just a few shots you've revealed a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in a complex build that really needs to be seen by us brother builders as an example of how it's done right, pour encourager les autres.
    Oh man now I want a Newport! Sounds like a fun a little airplane! Hmm, THANKYOU. I'll post a few more pics.

Masterful!

Thank you Frank. It is nice to have your work recognized. Building airplanes is fun. That was really the point when I started the thread.