Thread: When you are labeling your panel....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    And the progress continues....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your panel probably costs more than my whole aircraft!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Actualy Frank, not so. It make look high end but there is only $27k in this panel. The garmin g3x and avionics were very reasonable when I priced it out. Comparable to dynon etc. so I went with Garmin as I have always been happy with their products. I wish I had less than that in the rest of the plane but it's a Glasair III and it just isn't that cheap!

It make look high end but there is only $27k in this panel.
    Okay, your panel definitely costs more than my whole airplane! In fact, your panel is almost exactly enough to build two of my little Nieuports!

However, I suspect that on a cold day or when one wants to carry a passenger you've got it all over my little open cockpit one seat biplane! Or if you want to get somewhere quick, as your cruise speed is almost three times my Vne, your stall speed is faster than my cruise, and your wheels go up and down on something other than bungee cords!

Then again, I get to wear a leather flying helmet and goggles, so there is that...

Now, then, we demand pictures of the rest of the plane. In just a few shots you've revealed a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in a complex build that really needs to be seen by us brother builders as an example of how it's done right, pour encourager les autres.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Okay, your panel definitely costs more than my whole airplane! In fact, your panel is almost exactly enough to build two of my little Nieuports!

However, I suspect that on a cold day or when one wants to carry a passenger you've got it all over my little open cockpit one seat biplane! Or if you want to get somewhere quick, as your cruise speed is almost three times my Vne, your stall speed is faster than my cruise, and your wheels go up and down on something other than bungee cords!

Then again, I get to wear a leather flying helmet and goggles, so there is that...

Now, then, we demand pictures of the rest of the plane. In just a few shots you've revealed a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail in a complex build that really needs to be seen by us brother builders as an example of how it's done right, pour encourager les autres.
    Oh man now I want a Newport! Sounds like a fun a little airplane! Hmm, THANKYOU. I'll post a few more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Masterful!

Thank you Frank. It is nice to have your work recognized. Building airplanes is fun. That was really the point when I started the thread.