Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Known Proposals for Advanced and Unlimited Published by CIVA

Guys - Mike was relaying a CIVA selection. A suggestion - since this isn't a WAAC year, and the IAC board hasn't selected the Advanced and Unlimited Knowns for the 2015 year, perhaps it would be worthwhile to lobby your IAC board representative to advocate for a couple modest changes to the Advanced sequence A for IAC purposes - an inside snap rather than full roll on figure 2, and a 1/2 roll on figure 4 rather than 1 1/2 would have almost the same K and I believe would address altitude concerns, as well as add another snap to add interest. No, it won't even the score with the fire-breathers on the P-loop, but trust me, biplanes have significant advantage on the roller which is almost the same K. Even as an "advanced lifer" I plan to advocate this to the Board members I know.

Out of curiosity, are you guys flying all of the way down to 660'? I know a number of pilots who are not comfortable at that altitude, but that is what the current Advanced category expects of you.

I practice down to 600' and the view of the ground does take some getting used to.....

Best of luck,

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you guys flying all of the way down to 660'?
    Sure did. We 4-banger guys have lots of experience with the the bottom of the box...and lower sometimes. :-)

EDIT - And that involved rushed lines, and not much airspeed into the P-loop - indicating zero on top. Not even close to round by the time I pushed around. And it was a nice cool, dry 60 deg. day.
    Last edited by RetroAcro; 11-09-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Gifford View Post
    ...perhaps it would be worthwhile to lobby your IAC board representative to advocate for a couple modest changes to the Advanced sequence A for IAC purposes - an inside snap rather than full roll on figure 2, and a 1/2 roll on figure 4 rather than 1 1/2 would have almost the same K and I believe would address altitude concerns, as well as add another snap to add interest.
    Great suggestion. Anyone know of any precedent for IAC actually doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroAcro View Post
    Sure did. We 4-banger guys have lots of experience with the the bottom of the box...and lower sometimes. :-

Ain't that the truth....Eric, I remember the up close view of the fall color's at Morganton in the unknown....I think you got a couple of low call's as I recall.

Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 11-10-2014 at 06:29 AM.

"Anyone know of any precedent for IAC actually doing this?"

I believe that I recall that maybe 5 years ago, IAC voted to fly a slightly different Advanced Known Program than CIVA. As noted above, that this is not a WAAC year will make it easier to lobby the IAC Board, especially if you can make the case that the CIVA program is a safety issue for the S-1 guys.

The fall IAC Board meeting is Wednesday. Best call your IAC Regional Director and express your concerns today. It looks like Tony and Eric should call Rob Holland.

Best of luck,

Wes
    Last edited by WLIU; 11-10-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Wes, I think my rep. is Tom Adams[S.E. region] and not to be negative...But based on past exchanges...I wouldn't waste his or my time.

Tony

Tony, the way the IAC Board works these days, all directors are really "at large". They agree to divide up regions, but that is really a sort of "gentlemans agreement". So call Rob anyway, or another director if you are more comfortable with one of the others. Or Mike H, the IAC President. Don't be bashful.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    Tony, the way the IAC Board works these days, all directors are really "at large". They agree to divide up regions, but that is really a sort of "gentlemans agreement". So call Rob anyway, or another director if you are more comfortable with one of the others. Or Mike H, the IAC President. Don't be bashful.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS
    Wes, Being's you seem to be "Connected" to the board why don't you invite...challenge...shame...what ever will work...Ask the board member's to join in this forum...I do not understand why the powers that be will not involve themselves here...I have seen post's from most of them over on the exploder, But this is the "official IAC forum" why would they not introduce themself's here?

It's no wonder that most of us feel like we are not heard when all we can do is send an e-mail or phone call that is isolated between the member & the director...I think it would be much more beneficial for the power's that be to respond here on the forum & make themself's accountable to membership.

I don't mean to load your wagon with this...But I've already tried to get my director to join in here & to our president Mike's credit he has jumped in & at least made himself available to us....Why don't you see if you can do what I can't....Connect us pee.on's with the men that matter!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Gifford View Post
    A suggestion - since this isn't a WAAC year, and the IAC board hasn't selected the Advanced and Unlimited Knowns for the 2015 year, perhaps it would be worthwhile to lobby your IAC board representative to advocate for a couple modest changes to the Advanced sequence A for IAC purposes.
    FYI, the IAC Board meeting -- at which these sequences will most likely be adopted -- begins TOMORROW, Nov. 12th. If you're going to lobby for IAC-specific changes, do it now.