Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motor Home Camping at OSH

Motor Home Camping at OSH

We attended our first AirVenture this year and have booked a motor home to stay on the property next year. My question is...there seems to be camping areas near the Ultra Lights, close to the Antiques and Happy Hollow. The motorhome vendor said they tend to use Sleepy Hollow. Which do most of you recommend? We are going to have them deliver, setup and then pickup, so we will not be driving in other than on our motorcycle.

Sleepy Hollow

We've been staying at Sleepy Hollow the past 14 years. I wouldn't even consider staying anyplace else. The people there have become family to us.If it weren't for Jeff, Pam, Trista, & Kyra, I'm not so sure I'd make it a "have to go to place" every year. In fact, I know I wouldn't!

But as you know, opinions are like........you know. I could say the same about Scholler, have made life long friends there, so I guess it all boils down to opinion.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Motorhome Camping at OSH

Just so I am clear...Sleepy Hollow is the "closest" one to the Main Gate and not the area by the Ultra Lite field?

Quote Originally Posted by Md11pilot View Post
    Just so I am clear...Sleepy Hollow is the "closest" one to the Main Gate and not the area by the Ultra Lite field?

Scholler, it seems, is spread out all over the place. So, I'm not sure Sleepy Hollow is closest.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    But as you know, opinions are like........you know. I could say the same about Scholler, have made life long friends there, so I guess it all boils down to opinion.
    I agree!! Do the rental companies deliver to Scholler?
    Last edited by malexander; 11-07-2014 at 04:12 AM.

Motorhome Camping at OSH

Not sure if rental companies deliver to Scholler but the one I am using did recommend Happy Hollow. We cannot book a space until January for next year. My wife and I are so looking forward to this again and my soon to be three year old grandson asks when he can go back. Sorry it took me so many years to go. We loved the whole experience.

Do the rental companies deliver to Scholler Yes they do, in my experience Camp Scholler is closer to the main gate but you have to get there early to get close, if you are in the middle or out by 41 they do have bus service to drop you at the entrance to the Air Show....

I have nothing against Sleepy Hollow and have a number of friends that stay there, but a word of warning. It is right across the street from the SOS Bros. beer tent, which typically has bands playing most every night. Some of the bands are good, some not so good, but they are all very LOUD! Bring your earplugs if you want some quiet in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    I have nothing against Sleepy Hollow and have a number of friends that stay there, but a word of warning. It is right across the street from the SOS Bros. beer tent, which typically has bands playing most every night. Some of the bands are good, some not so good, but they are all very LOUD! Bring your earplugs if you want some quiet in the evening.
    Thanks for the info.