Thread: Young Eagles Rally

Young Eagles Rally

Wanted to ask everyone to join me in giving a special thank you to the members and leaders of EAA Chapter 231 in Richmond Virginia for helping us stage a Young Eagles Rally at KMFV today. This event could not have happened without their generous assistance. Dwayne Mcculough of the Eastern shore Pilots Association was leading the charge to make this happen at the local level as well, he worked many hours to facilitate this event. Because of all of these great folks 33 Young eagles sprouted wings today and really had a great time. In addition we had 2 new pilots join EAA just to be able to fly in this event. Everyone had a grand time and worked well together for the benefit of the young people who got a taste of aviation today. My thanks to all involved. It was a real blast !!!!!

EXCELLENT

EAA chapter 734 Paris Tn flew Young Eagles Saturday last

cold dense air , the frontal passage yielded clear blue sky and gusting cross winds .

gusts to 22 knts tested the Valiant Pilots ..demonstrating their cross wind skills
    what a thrill
    quite the number Young Eagles flew
    Last edited by mrbarry; 10-06-2014 at 11:44 PM.

I made the YE registration form into a .PDF with fill-in fields if anyone wants to use it. It's at www.eaa1310.org/ye/YE-RegForm.pdf.
    It's the 11/2013 version, which I believe is current.
    We use it for parents to fill it in prior to the event, which makes the registration process go faster the day of the flights.
    I'd prefer you download it, and copy it where you want instead of just linking to it.
    Due to the legal requirements of saving data on youth, the entered information can't be saved, only printed.

I believe we can only use original forms, at least that is what I was told. I asked National if your form is acceptable.

Mark
    EAA Chapter 14 YE Coordinator

Of course the main factor is to be absolutely sure that EAA, the chapters, and the volunteers are protected. I also emailed it there, but I didn't get any acknowledgement.
    The form still needs to be manually signed. The main concern I would think is being sure we're using the current version and it's legible, but I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV.

One thing I noticed on the release is that it allows EAA to use images of the participants recorded at the events, but it doesn't allow the chapters to use them. The more important liability section does cover chapter and volunteers though. EAA and the chapters are separate legal entities.

At least they finally cut back on the number of fields that are needed on every form for the pilot. In ye olden days, they would have to re-enter all the pilot information for every flight. Yes; all 1.8 million of them. EAA back office information systems are getting closer to the 21st century now though.