Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Proposed Knowns and Rules for 2012

I like INT C

When will the IAC decisions be published? The CIVA Meeting info is out and their meeting was after the IAC one....

As a chapter president, I just got an e-mail from my regional director reporting that the board meeting rejected all of the candidate programs and there is a committee chartered to formulate better ones. We wait to see what the result is.

Regards,

Wes
    N78PS

Proposed Rule 12-10 (ICAS) Delete the "ICAS waiver" requirement in the proposal and allow Advanced competitors to fly a freestyle if they desire. Some "airshow" performers probably couldn't pass the proposed 60% rule (#12-11) or much less handle the judging at the Advanced level. IAC competition is a great learning arena for doing airshow work, but ICAS does nothing that I can see for the betterment of IAC competitors.

Proposed Rule 12-11 (60% Rule) Scoring should not be equated to safety! You can be 100% safe and zero a figure or two or..... Pity the poor first time Sportsman pilot who never has flown in the box or been critiqued - score below 60% and be asked to leave. Wow! that really sends a message and encourages him (or her) to come back! Put this one in the round file! NO!

Rule 12-11 Disagree. For 15 years I have been one of those sportsman pilots that CDs hope would come to their contest. One of these days I might, but if I know I am going to be sent home in my first contest because I did not score 60% then just put it in the rules:

"no one who has not previously scorced 60% allowed to enter."

This will save my time, fuel, money and frustration. As long as I have been a member of the IAC, I have always felt unwelcomed, this is another example of how to exclude new competitors from the contests.

I can't believe someone actually proposed this as a rule, I thought these were amateur contests, not professional for money contests. If this rule was meant for higher categories, then say that!!!! If you don't want first time competitors to enter the unlimited category then say that!!!!

Bob

Well, got a new update and the Board wound up approving Sportsman Known Proposal A and Intermediate Known Proposal P. The 60% proposal was defeated as was the higher box proposal. The ICAS proposal passed. I am surprised that the results have not been posted here by one of our directors.

Panama Red doesn't have the 60% excuse to not compete.

See you at the box.

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
    As long as I have been a member of the IAC, I have always felt unwelcomed...
    I have a framed, calligraphied invitation for you. Send mailing address. :-)

The glider Sportsman would be a lot better without a spin there. Our ASK-21 can't spin. :-(

Hammerheads will be fun!

Any glider intermediate proposals?

Klein mentioned that the IAC may add glider advanced in 2012. Is that something that has been talked about?

Cheers,
    Rafael

I agree with both Tony and Steve. I flew sportsman proposal C three times today in my 160HP Decathlon without a problem. I started the first maneuver at 3,000' and finished at 1,700' with good long down-lines. A very fun and challenging sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Johnstone View Post
    I would agree with Steve, the downwind 45 adds an unnecessary difficulty at the Sportsman level, proposal C for Sportsman Power looks best

Tony Johnstone IAC 16578

I'm told that Sportsman Proposal A and Intermediate Proposal P were adopted.