Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: unfair

Last edited by flyrite; 01-07-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Anyone really think a 7ECA can do a good two point roll? They suck at a regular roll and now they want you to stop in the middle while the engine dies.
    Last edited by ssmdive; 01-08-2015 at 07:01 AM.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Byron J. Covey
    Life isn't fair. Success goes to the people with the best combination of intelligence, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority.

Aerobatic competition isn't fair. Success goes to the people with the best combination of airplane, skills, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority.

If you can't accept that, then go sit in a corner and sulk, but quit complaining.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Life isn't fair. Success goes to the people with the best combination of intelligence, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority. Aerobatic competition isn't fair. Success goes to the people with the best combination of airplane, skills, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority. If you can't accept that, then go sit in a corner and sulk, but quit complaining. BJC
    What a great speech to attract new people to the sport!
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    What a great speech to attract new people to the sport!
    Hey ssmdive, Don't let the snipers spin you up....The silly arguments that are put up regarding this issue border on comical.

Ignore guys who offer nothing but more "self help classes on life's inequities" to defend the obvious.

Hope to meet you at the contest in feb. in Dunellon....Till then lets go to our respective corners [yours being an advanced skydiver champion] and mine being 2013 Advanced N.E. Champion & sulk as well as ponder our lack of success in our respective successes...Cause we obviously know nothing of prioritizing...hard work....or even having the intelligence to get where WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN!!!!!

Tony

P.S. maybe some of these self help guys will show up at some of the S.E. contests in person and demonstrate their superior skills in the contest arena.......YeeeHawwww
    Last edited by flyrite; 01-16-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrite View Post
    and mine being 2013 Advanced national champion
    Dang Tony, you sure have aged since then. I remember a 40-something blond haired guy winning Advanced Nats in '13.

Yea I caught and fixed that Eric....N. E. ------N.E.-------N.E.------N.E. Advanced champion.....But ma wife sez I'm as handsome as that guy....Heh..Hehh...

But I'm convinced...Had I gone to Texas me & my 1D could have lost with the best of'em....

"Dowst it" I can't get away with nothin
    Last edited by flyrite; 01-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Hey ssmdive, Don't let the snipers spin you up....The silly arguments that are put up regarding this issue border on comical. Ignore guys who offer nothing but more "self help classes on life's inequities" to defend the obvious. Till then lets go to our respective corners yours being an advanced skydiver champion and mine being 2013 Advanced N.E. national champion & sulk as well as ponder our lack of success in our respective successes...Cause we obviously know nothing of prioritizing...hard work....or even having the intelligence to get where WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN!!!!!
    To be fair, in 2014 I also got a Silver medal in Open 8 way and Open 16 way. So not just "Advanced". In Skydiving, "Open" is the highest class. I also won Advanced in 2003, in skydiving, once you win you have to move up for 5 years, I moved up a bit longer than that - In fact till 2013. But I placed in the top 10 in Open in 1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, (2006 got 11th DAMN IT), and 2007. Come to think of it.... I also: Won Silver in Open 8 way not just 2014, but also in 2006. In Open 16 way: Silver in 2009, 2010 (World Record), 2013 and 2014. In Open 10 way: Silver in 2009, 2013 and Bronze in 2010, and 2011. Plus a bunch of Int medals I don't care to track down to list. Some of those as a coach. But I mean what would I know about "skills, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority"...... Right?
    Hope to meet you at the contest in feb. in Ocala....
    I plan on going to... Well, a bunch of competitions this year since I quit my fully sponsored, salaried skydiving team..... You know dropping one PAID hobby to focus on another - Does that count as, "willingness to put success as a top priority"???? Nah, I am sure he is correct and I know nothing about Competition and what it takes.
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    To be fair, in 2014 I also got a Silver medal in Open 8 way and Open 16 way. So not just "Advanced". In Skydiving, "Open" is the highest class. I also won Advanced in 2003, in skydiving, once you win you have to move up for 5 years, I moved up a bit longer than that - In fact till 2013. But I placed in the top 10 in Open in 1998, 2002, 2004, 2005, (2006 got 11th DAMN IT), and 2007. Come to think of it.... I also: Won Silver in Open 8 way not just 2014, but also in 2006. In Open 16 way: Silver in 2009, 2010 (World Record), 2013 and 2014. In Open 10 way: Silver in 2009, 2013 and Bronze in 2010, and 2011. Plus a bunch of Int medals I don't care to track down to list. Some of those as a coach. But I mean what would I know about "skills, hard work and willingness to put success as a top priority"...... Right? I plan on going to... Well, a bunch of competitions this year since I quit my fully sponsored, salaried skydiving team..... You know dropping one PAID hobby to focus on another - Does that count as, "willingness to put success as a top priority"???? Nah, I am sure he is correct and I know nothing about Competition and what it takes.

Well shoot...you obviously don't have what it takes to succeed, I'm sure you won't do well in the IAC without the rules to prop you up....Look forward to meeting you at one of the up coming contests.
    BTW...Keep a look out for an article in one of the up coming issues of Sport Aerobatics magazine... I'll be looking to guys like you to make suggestions for future rules proposals.
    Some of the points you have make to much sense to ignore...Look forward to working with you on future issues.

Take care
    Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 01-08-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Thought I might add an update to this drawn out thread. I have through the months that this has been going on tried as best I could through personal e-mails as well as phone calls to get the rest of the directors to involve themselves [on the official IAC forum] just to get their perspective [regardless of what that is]. So that the people who elected them would at least know what their perspective on the issue is. That has been fruitless, It amazes me that some of the folks that make the decisions for the membership are willing to isolate & insolate themselves as they have done. I truly appreciate Tom Adams as well as our President [Mike] for at least being willing to give "Voice" to their perspective.

I do want to make sure that all the Directors know that I really am grateful for their sacrifice, I understand that it is a thankless as well as payless position....BUT, I would assume that you if you ran for the office you were willing to serve. I would then assume that that service would allow you to give opinions on current issues such as Mike & Tom have.

For the record, The only representatives that would even answer my calls were Mike, Tom, Michael, Bruce, The rest were left several voicemails as well as e-mails.

Take care

Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 02-20-2015 at 06:14 PM.