Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: unfair

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    You are aware that both this and the other thread was started with someone with MUCH more experience than me, right? Is he also not experienced enough to have an opinion? Instead of trying to make it all about ME, you might decide to stay in the topic.
    You and Tony are not coming from the same place or making the same points for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Again so much belittling. You don't care about my opinion? Be honest and just say so...
    You are making uninformed judgements about IAC and what they supposedly care or don't care about based on almost no experience with IAC or any interaction with those honorable folks who have been elected to lead IAC by volunteering their time. THAT'S what I'm saying. You can keep playing the victim all you want. If you make statements I feel are unfounded, I'm going to say so. It's disingenuous for you to equate this with "not caring about your opinion". I need to take my own advice in this thread that I suggested on that other thread you were involved in - to stop trying to engage in a discussion with you. I'm out. Tony, see you at the next contest buddy. Look forward to some beers and some friendly discussion!

Edit: Meh, not worth the time/energy.
    Last edited by ssmdive; 09-23-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

I will mention to Tony that our IAC President, Mike Heuer, is open to individual chapter's trying slightly different contest formats.

Which is to say that if you can come up with some set of scoring rule that you can fit into what the JasPer software does, you can organize your own contest using those rules. You will have to explain your scoring scheme in your contest sanction request and the IAC Competition Committee has to approve it. Mike H exchanged some e-mails with my chapter about the contest we are planning and then told us to go forward. Now the only requirement is that you have to fly the current year's Known Program first. You will likely want to fly a Free and an Unknown too. You could organize a contest where only one category is flown if you like. That is what we are doing.

As I have said before, if you think you want to try to understand and change the way IAC contests work, you should step up and volunteer to be a contest director. Lots of folks ask about doing, but few actually step forward and make thinks happen. I encourage you to be one of the latter individuals. As you know, organizations are built on doing, not just talking.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Quote Originally Posted by WLIU View Post
    As I have said before, if you think you want to try to understand and change the way IAC contests work, you should step up and volunteer to be a contest director. Lots of folks ask about doing, but few actually step forward and make thinks happen. I encourage you to be one of the latter individuals. As you know, organizations are built on doing, not just talking.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS
    Wes I completely agree....Some folks that play{compete} in the sport just want to gripe about what's wrong with the way things are done rather than jump'n in & try to change things from the inside out....Then you got some that don't even play that complain......I fancy myself one of the guys that loves to show up & compete.... help where I can while there & then I'll load up & go home....WOW did I just admit how selfserving I truly am?

I guess I could defend myself with all kinds of reasons of why I would never be interested being anymore involved than I am or have been since 97....But having admitted to the shortcomings in my character as to why I would allow others to put all the labor in on my behalf ...I will say this...We should be interested as a club in keeping the competitions as fair as possible. Especially if we want the guys that love to show up{majority of the club} and give reason to all that unpaid labor that guys like you provide!

And if there are observations of obvious disparities that are pointed out by "anyone" regardless of active participation in the sport...Don't you think that is good for the sport....The innuendo's of.... If your not actively involved behind the scenes of CD'ing or laboring in some capacity{basically eliminates most competitors} you should keep your suggestions to yourself{Now I know you haven't said that ...but the inference has been made a few times}. I provide my support of the club by participating at contests that I enjoy attending depending on the fellowship in different locations.....WOW did I just admit to another selfserving statement...I keep admitting to how selfish & shallow I am ain't nobody gonna have me at their contests!

I will also point out again that the majority of the active competitors in the club are low life's like me that just want to show up...have as fair a shot at winning as possible & go home! I would never ask them to do it .....But I'll bet most CD's at the contests that I have attended will remember me catching them at a quite moment just to tell them how much I sincerely appreciate all that they have done on my behalf{well... they also will remember my redneck personality...as well as the fact that I only got one eye} But mostly I would hope they remember my appreciation. Again not trying to defend my lack of stepping up myself & if I have made a wrong assumption about what I perceive in statements such as the one above .....Then I apologize for the error....either way...Please know I really do notice the labor of guys like you & the many others that give of themselves just for the joy of the sport on my behalf.

Take care
    Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 11-26-2014 at 09:02 AM.

I appreciate the long discussion and I won't ever speak negatively of the folks like yourself who might not have the time or the budget to get more involved in making the contests and the club go. That said, there are lots of good ideas out there that never get their fair exploration simply because many of the guys with the idea are unable to carry them forward themselves. That is just one aspect of how the world works.

But I will suggest that just because any one of us is unable to implement an idea in the next week, that does not mean that you should not poke at the mechanics of how to try your thoughts out as you have time and budget. It might take some months to figure out how to make it practical and then sell it to your local IAC chapter to try. Most, if not all, of us will be here next year and we are all looking for excuses to go fly. So if you think that you have an alternative that is worth trying, write down how it will work, download the JasPer scoring software onto your computer and see how you can get it to handle your scoring scheme, and talk to your IAC chapter. If folks think that you have an idea worth trying out, you might not have to do the heavy lifting to make a contest that uses your idea happen.

Best of luck,

Wes
    N78PS

Should this second Free Unknown count for National Champion titles? Perhaps.
    That would be a Board decision and involve a change to our IAC Policy &
    Procedures manual (see policy 504). We can discuss that in November. We
    will be flying two Unknowns in Advanced next year for the team selection for
    the 2016 WAAC.

Mike Heuer

Taken from Mike Heuers posts on the Acro exploder bout the nationals....If the advanced guys flying the 4cly small winged stuff don't see how this is gonna work to the 'Unlimited machines" advantage ...just ask me & I'll break it down for ya.....BTW..most of the regional contests seem to want to mimic what the AWAC's doing{certainly has in the S.E.}...Yehaawww....Let CIVA rule....

Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 09-25-2014 at 10:30 PM.

IAC should open a cheese store to go with all the whining in this thread.

And if you don’t like the unknowns you are getting at contests, draw a bunch that you can fly and submit them to Brian Howard. He’s always looking for more.
    Last edited by cyav8r; 09-28-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Wow....cyav8r...What an original argument you have put forth.....your perspective has has already been dealt with....please give respect to the guys that would disagree with you & read all the posts that have been made directly dealing with your argument in this thread. THEN COMMENT.

Or I could just copy & post what I've already said that deals with your position & stop typing anything new!

BTW.. I would love for Sammy & Pat to give their opinions as to whether they think it's a fair fight with the "Lifers in advanced flying the unlimited mounts" ...Why don't you give me their e-mail & I'll ask them to join in this discussion.

Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 09-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Yea, I probably have no credibility
    Last edited by cyav8r; 09-28-2014 at 08:00 AM.

What category do ya fly in that decatha-slug Paul?

Tony
    Last edited by flyrite; 09-28-2014 at 08:14 AM.