Thread: need help

need help

does any one know where you can go to see if there are any projects for sale besides the typical sites like barnstromers, ASO ext. ? I also need help with a decision with choosing an aircraft? I have been looking at the velocity XL RG. I like the room, speed, and great for cross country. I live in Utah and have family, kids, and grand kids that live in Texas .so I would be doing a lot of cross country flying with my wife and son.

Banned
    I'd email or call the factory to ask them if they are aware of projects for sale. I'd also go to the Velocity builders blogs and create a thread posing your question. I'd also ask Mr. Google to search for exactly want you want and follow the leads.

Builder forums for whatever type you are looking for. Many projects are advertised there first. I also occasionally see an airplane project for sale on Craigslist.

Builders forums are a good place to find project planes and completed planes. I haven't been to visit Velocity in a few years, but the factory always had a flying plane or two as well as some owner projects nearby they were aware were for sale. It's like an infestation of Velocities near the factory, so a trip to Sebastion, FL to look and learn would certainly be in order. You might find your project there, and you are bound to learn a lot by spending a week or so there. I also highly recommend going through their transition training class before you build so you get familiar with some of the quirks of the Velocities, then again as a refresher when you are ready to fly yours.

-Cub Builder

Isn't Trade-a-Plane still around?
    That used to be a very good place to look for aircraft and parts.