Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's alive!

Very true Frank! I'm going to have to discipline myself to look out of the plane with all these fancy light up screens. Had a great day yesterday painting. For reasons of masking I'm still missing a checker at the aft most position as the wrap underneath and that will require sever separate masking and paintings but it's getting closer to that first flight by the day. Five long years in process (my Glastar only took three). I'm looking forward to the next Phaze of fun with this bird!
    Attached Images Attached Images     

It's only missing if you say it is...I had to look back to see what the heck you're talking about.

Then again, since now you said it that's what I look for. So yeah, you've got to but it on there or every time you walk up to the plane you'll think you're missing a checker board square.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Improved version! All the checkers.mstill a couple of small fixes to go but it's even closer after today. Building airplanes is fun!

Wowsers!

You've got a little gem that are going to have people asking you "Who makes that, and where can I buy one!"
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Wowsers!

You've got a little gem that are going to have people asking you "Who makes that, and where can I buy one!"
    You are very generous in your praise Frank. Sure makes a guy feel good about his work. I thank you.

My advice? Carry a small chamois cloth in the plane at all times once it's flying.

While I usually can overcome the urge, this is one plane I'm going to touch.

She looks really clean in her lines, too, and suggests a very nice aircraft in the air.

What a sweet looking aircraft! Very nice work Todd!

Jim
    Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a grease pencil & cut it with an axe.

Thank you Jim!

Update. Final assembly. Should be 4-6 weeks now until first flight. Getting excited for sure.

Getting close to first engine run and taxi tests. My approach has been to completely finish the project before certain mile stones like engine run. Should be a few weeks away now.