Thread: Photos Needed

Photos Needed

Help! I need some photos for some upcoming magazine articles and book. Here I what I am looking for:

Some pix of an engine being installed by an amateur airplane builder, either 4 or 6 cylinder but it must by a Lycoming or Lycoming-clone engine (ECi or Superior).

Photo of a Lyc. O-290 engine, preferrable without baffling in place, so the engine can be clearly seen.

Photo of a "dual mag" engine showing the dual magneto set-up. These are engines that have 2 mags in one housing that runs off a single accessory drive. (e.g. Lycoming IO-360-A1B6D)

Photo of an O-320-H2AD engine, preferrable without baffling in place, so the engine can be clearly seen. It's OK if the engine is still in a Cessna 172.

Thanks for your help. Credit will be given for any photos used.

Dave Prizio

Dave,

With a few more details on how they may be used, I may give permission for you to use mine.

http://www.chadandbrittne.com/Septem...ept%201-08.htm

The pictures were resized, and aren't the best quality (unfortunately, they are probably the worst quality pictures on my entire website besides the early small pics), but check them out, let me know how they may be used, and if you want them.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Name:  0018.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  45.2 KB
    Something like this?
    O320-A2B in an Acro Sport II Rear inlet oil sump from an IO360 and an Ellison TBI. Homebuilt 4 into 1 exhaust Pre War Lycoming cast valve covers

Not sure what you want or need but:

Here I am installing my IO-360 Lycoming

Looking pretty good hanging there

Oh wait I need to rivet on the cowl hinges. Oh well pull the whole mess of in one swoop.
    Last edited by hydroguy2; 10-07-2011 at 10:56 PM.

And a Standard Flange (Narrow Deck) 360 at that! I don't see many of those. Looks good in yellow.

Working Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Prizio View Post
    ....Some pix of an engine being installed by an amateur airplane builder, either 4 or 6 cylinder but it must by a Lycoming....
    Over the years, I have participated in a few "engine hanging parties." Because of those inherently social experiences, I decided for myself that too many people sometimes working at cross purposes can make hanging an engine way harder than it need be.

Preferring to work alone, I have hung three aircraft engines without any additional help. Shown below is the new IO-360 M1B installed on the RV-8. Dangling from the engine hoist, the angle of the engine almost perfectly matches the angle of the Dynafocal engine mount bolted to the firewall. It becomes obvious to the solo worker that for ease of installation, alignment is very important. In this case, it was merely a question of backing the engine into place and lining it up with the cups on the engine mount. With a little jockeying, this engine was quickly installed....and without the use of any drift pins either.

Photos

Thanks guys. I am somewhat unexpectedly separated from my computer, but I will get back to you as soon as I can. There is definitely some stuff here I can use.

Dave Prizio

Thanks for the help. It is good to be back in business with my computer. I am still looking for a good O-290 photo. Anyone have one? I know there a lots of them out there somewhere.

Dave Prizio