Thread: I have a new Hero and she is...Arty Trost

I have a new Hero and she is...Arty Trost

Check out this webinar. Not only has this woman flown 2500 miles she did it in an open cockpit with a two stroke.

My New hero...

http://www.eaavideo.org/channel.aspx?ch=ch_webinars

H.A.S. " Tony "

Did anyone watch this video? If you did give your thoughts.

I found it utterly amazing..

Tony

I was scheduled to watch it but didn't get home from work early enough for a live webinar. - So I watched it today over a late breakfast. Really interesting. A few points though - she has 4000 hours under 2 cycle engines over 25 years and longest single trip Sun N Fun flight of 7500 miles.
    She has a few great things going for her. First - time. She is able to have blocks of time to fly these long distances in a slow plane. She is small and light - just over 100 # allows her to carry plenty of "stuff" and not push the gross weight.
    Walt Snyder's even more impressive multiple flights cross country ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EpKHcYvuQ ) shows what small planes are capable of with time and attention. Sadly Walt is a bit reluctant to do public speaking about his trips. Arty is an excellent spokesperson and we are glad she has put together this webinar.

Jim thank you for posting this. She has more guts then I when it comes to some of the places she has flown a two stroke. Those pics she posted out over water are some awesome pics.

Thanks again Jim

Tony

Flying jet pak is very good looking very nice and jet very beautiful sub sonex is also very good design ,seat and engine very good

I remember his video. This is it in motion over the Hudson, and Lady Liberty.
    Incredible pics, and video!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Heffelfinger View Post
    I was scheduled to watch it but didn't get home from work early enough for a live webinar. - So I watched it today over a late breakfast. Really interesting. A few points though - she has 4000 hours under 2 cycle engines over 25 years and longest single trip Sun N Fun flight of 7500 miles.
    She has a few great things going for her. First - time. She is able to have blocks of time to fly these long distances in a slow plane. She is small and light - just over 100 # allows her to carry plenty of "stuff" and not push the gross weight.
    Walt Snyder's even more impressive multiple flights cross country ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EpKHcYvuQ ) shows what small planes are capable of with time and attention. Sadly Walt is a bit reluctant to do public speaking about his trips. Arty is an excellent spokesperson and we are glad she has put together this webinar.