Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RV-12 vs. CH-650

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    To muddy the waters I am now considering the Rans s19
    Planes are like women, so many good choices, so little time.

You have that right.... In my mind I have already spent way more money than I will ever make. Hope to have things narrowed down by oshkosh 2015....
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

Great support for the CH650

Hello,

I dont know anything about the RV-12, but I am currently building a Zodiac 601XL (which is the predecessor of the Zodiac 650 and almost identical).

I can tell you that the multiple means of builder support for the Zodiac are outstanding.

1. The drawings are very good.
    2. There are assembly guides with color pictures which help guide you through the build process.
    3. There are videos from a third party (homebuilthelp.com) which walk you through the entire build of that exact airplane.
    4. Zenith is extremely responsive in returning emails to answer questions and/or help you resolve something you mess up.
    5. The Zenith Forum is actually very active. If I cant find an existing thread for the item I have questions on, I will often get immediate responses to a new post.

Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the journey.

Mike
    N601MM
    Brighton, MI

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    You have that right.... In my mind I have already spent way more money than I will ever make. Hope to have things narrowed down by oshkosh 2015....
    It took me two years of Oshkosh too... The first year I didn't even think I was going to build one (always wanted to but never thought I'd be able to find the time). The second trip was like... I could fly here instead of spending 12 hours each way in a car.... :-) I sure learned to viscerally hate T6's though... If I never hear another one it would be too soon. I didn't look at the Rans but it does look like a sweet ride.