Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North 40 parking and camping

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    I suspect that the last two responses were tongue in cheek, but of course beer is not prohibited. In fact it is sold in all the EAA stores around the grounds.
    It's sold in Scholler perhaps, but not anywhere else to my knowledge. The only other places are the few enclosed cafes like the Vintage Cafe and then only in a small window of time. It's not permitted inside the gates other than that except it's largely ignored inside individual campsites.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    It's sold in Scholler perhaps, but not anywhere else to my knowledge. The only other places are the few enclosed cafes like the Vintage Cafe and then only in a small window of time. It's not permitted inside the gates other than that except it's largely ignored inside individual campsites.
    If EAA enforced the ban on beer in the N40, two things would happen.

1. You'd see four more bars open over between Friar Tucks and Charcoal Pit.

2. Camping attendance in the N40 would decline significantly.

The best part of every day, after a long day on the flight line, is dragging a chair and a cold one (or three) up to RWY 27, to watch the REAL airshow of arrivals/departures.

It is no wonder that Chuck Swain looks upon the experience as a sacred gathering at AirVenture. For new attendees, it is truly a rite of passage.

Just make sure you know the daily offering of fellowship: “Our lager, which art in barrels, hallowed be thy drink. Thy will be drunk. I will be drunk, at home as in the tavern. Give us this day, our foamy head, and forgive us our spillages, as we forgive those who spill against us. Lead us not into incarceration but deliver us from hangovers; for thine is the beer, and the bitter and the lager, forever and ever. Bar-men!”