Marty, just for fun the plans don't actually tell you how the wings attach! However, the outside dimension of the fuselage tabs is called out as being (conveniently) the same as the inside spacing between each pair of spar straps. Spacing between front and back fittings is kind of ambiguous, as "by the numbers" the wings don't fit correctly. I noticed this while building my CAD model of the project to help visualize various bits of work. In any case, the idea seems to be to capture each spar fully without having to put any axial load on the bolt. The bolt holes are 5/16", so I assume an AN5 bolt is the tool for the job (the bolt is also not called out in the plans, unless I'm missing it).

I'm still open to the spacer idea since that's what I wanted to do in the first place due to ease, but since that wasn't met with resounding agreement my confidence in that method is kinda weak. Would it be fine? Probably. Is it worth me worrying about for the next XX hours of flight? Ehhh... I know I should probably just do it right to begin with and not think about it ever again.

-Tony