Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Youtube wants to send me a check.

Youtube wants to send me a check.

How many know that one can get paid for posting video's on youtube? Now if you post video's that are of you flying your eab or experimental airplane among other video's, then a year later youtube cuts you a check, is this breaking the rules?

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    How many know that one can get paid for posting video's on youtube? Now if you post video's that are of you flying your eab or experimental airplane among other video's, then a year later youtube cuts you a check, is this breaking the rules?

Tony

I would argue that you are being paid to take and edit the video, not for flying.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Banned
    A few years ago we posted a tragic event from Oshkosh on YouTube. We had over 200,000 hits in a few days and received an email from them setting out the cheque amount. As we didn't feel good about accepting money for a scene where people were seriously injured, we asked YouTube to send the money to a charity of our choosing and they did. You could consider that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    A few years ago we posted a tragic event from Oshkosh on YouTube. We had over 200,000 hits in a few days and received an email from them setting out the cheque amount. As we didn't feel good about accepting money for a scene where people were seriously injured, we asked YouTube to send the money to a charity of our choosing and they did. You could consider that option.
    If all my video's where of flying, I would say this is a good idea. I have one that is getting all the attention. It's a How to: Mounting a car tire using soap paper towel and screw driver in my living room. The others are bringing in views but not like the one.

I have maybe 10 video's of flying out of over 100 video's I have posted. But my How to video is the big hit.

Tony

P.S. I never knew youtube paid for posted video's.

I have a video that was posted on Nov 12, 2013 and now has 6,390 views. The video is also monetized through youtube's monetization program. So far, I have made a whopping $12.68 on that video.

That's $0.00198 per view, or $1.98 per 1,000 views. From talking with other youtubers, it's usually $1.00 per 1,000 views. I don't think early retirement is in the picture.

Even if the video had a million views, it would only be $1984.35. However, youtube is a great way to do advertising without having to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FunInAviation View Post
    I have a video that was posted on Nov 12, 2013 and now has 6,390 views. The video is also monetized through youtube's monetization program. So far, I have made a whopping $12.68 on that video.

That's $0.00198 per view, or $1.98 per 1,000 views. From talking with other youtubers, it's usually $1.00 per 1,000 views. I don't think early retirement is in the picture.

Even if the video had a million views, it would only be $1984.35. However, youtube is a great way to do advertising without having to pay for it.
    I received my first $300.00 payment...

Banned
    I received my first $300.00 payment...

Great! Now you have a choice to make. Buy 10 gallons of fuel or take 10 of us here out for lunch and a beverage.

There'd only be an issue if the purpose of the flight was to shoot video for hire, and the FAA isn't even going to care much about that.

My Fly Baby has been the photo model/guinea pig for quite a few magazine articles, and I don't expect the FAA to squawk about it.

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    There'd only be an issue if the purpose of the flight was to shoot video for hire, and the FAA isn't even going to care much about that.

My Fly Baby has been the photo model/guinea pig for quite a few magazine articles, and I don't expect the FAA to squawk about it.

Ron Wanttaja
    Do you make money for this?

Do you make money for this?
    I get paid for the articles, and, by extension, the pictures.

Ron Wanttaja