Thread: WWI stuff and Hail (unrelated)

WWI stuff and Hail (unrelated)

First off, I always seem to miss somethig despite spending the week up there. Did the Great War Flying Museum WWI stuff ever show up? I never saw it if it did...
    http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa...nes-to-oshkosh

Secondly, for the first time I can remember in 38 visits it hailed on us Thursday. We were near Knapp in Camp Scholler, and the hail was marble sized. Did anyone suffer any aircraft damage on the field?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, I knew it hailed 1 mile north of the airport…but on Scholler? As far as I know, not on the flight line. Much of the warbirds show was cancelled because of the impending weather and I was sitting at my plane and then at the L-Birds "debriefing" area (outdoors) when it all passed through. Not much more than some really heavy rain and wind gusts. Deo gratias!

Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.cricket.org

Banned
    I saw everything from the ultralights to the warbirds and everything in between in 7 days. There were no WW1 replica aircraft from the GWFM so only can conclude they never made it. Too bad, I live about an hour from the museum at Brampton airport and I can tell you it's a superb collection of flying replicas, just as good as Rhinebeck but not as many.

as floatsflyer says no GWFM ww1 replicas. There was a very nice Sopwith Pup on the Rotec stand that I saw land on Wed evening I think. Also an Airdrome SE5A in the warbird area and Eric Presten's Bleriot replica in the antiques painted in RAF ww1 scheme, which was authentic.