Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Gray Trailer

Big Gray Trailer

Did anyone else notice the gray trailer with the large dish on top by the barn and silo in the vintage area. The emblem on door was the seal for the FBI.

yes, it was there all week, at the end of the row of Globe Swifts. CCTV cameras on it too, so a friend said and keypad entry doors. Obviously something subversive going on in the Swift group!! Or maybe the nearby Ultralights, good excuse for a trip to the fly-in for the FBI guys!

And now all our planes have a small tracking device cleverly hidden. The 'crumb trail' will be added to the ever increasing DHS data base to look for suspicious tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    And now all our planes have a small tracking device cleverly hidden. The 'crumb trail' will be added to the ever increasing DHS data base to look for suspicious tracks.
    Actually, not as far-fetched as you might think. About twenty years ago, a number of aircraft owners found an additional electronic device secreted behind their panels. The planes were all based in the southwest and were heavy-hauler types. Speculation was that the Border Patrol was trying to track them....

Ron Wanttaja

I'm glad I didn't bring my Swift this year!

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    I was planning on taking my Swift but had to cancel due about a month out.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407204825.706041.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  93.3 KB
    Our engineer spotted this while we were setting up. He was interested, but kept his distance. We wanted to make sure we stayed out of the way of whatever it was doing and not cause any interference. He used a directional antenna and a spectrum analyzer to see what it was doing. His frequency analysis was all over the place (several bands, several channels/frequencies) but nothing out of the ordinary nor unexpected.
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net

Just wait until they charge EAA a user fee for having the big gray trailer....and EAA signs a 10 year agreement! <j/k>

Name:  Radiation Detector.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  42.6 KBThe National Guard pulled up one day near my airplane in a plain jeep, wearing plain clothes. They locked a device under and to a bench near by, but made no attempt to hide what they were doing when a friend asked, placing a radiation detector in place. And several other locations around the grounds.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

My brother, cousin, friend and I all noted that there seemed to be a lot more security roaming around than previous years. Like a noticeable amount more. And I have worked there behind the scenes when I was on the local sheriff dept here in Oshkosh. In addition this was the first year I had my bag checked as they checked every bag, not just random ones. (The bag checks are a whole different rant of mine) I even mentioned to my wife I wondered if they had some kind of threat, and that was before I knew of the gray trailer and radiation detectors. I can't recall if it was last year or 2012 but there was a threat, to the point local swat and fbi tactical units were deployed, and there were fbi snipers on the tower. Somewhere i have pics of them deploying from the tac vehicle with kosh tower in the background.
    Last edited by Fastcapy; 08-05-2014 at 08:24 AM.