Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked Porta Johns in Camp Scholler

Thumbs Down Locked Porta Johns in Camp Scholler

This is something new, at least to me. It's Sunday, mid afternoon, and the four Porta Johns at Lindbergh and 54th have been padlocked! Come on EAA, are you really that tight with money??? For the amount I've spent here in the last week and a half you should be able to keep the facilities open at least through Sunday....... This is really sorry.....
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

I believe they were locked because they were full or in dire need of cleaning.

Zack

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    I believe they were locked because they were full or in dire need of cleaning.

Zack
    Ok, then I guess they'll be taken care of and reopened?
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    Liberty Foundation

Most likely, as soon as one of the Waste Management crews can get to it.

If you have sell people a bunch of "cheese curds" with Pepsi to wash them down with, you are going to need a lot of "waste management".

Just drove through the campground. Virtually EVERY group of toilets was either totally locked or had only one that was unlocked. The one that is unlocked near me is in dire need of servicing! Not good. We are staying until tomorrow because we have quite a distance to travel and would rather not leave today. These things were locked before the air show was even over! The EAA has always wanted folks to stay through the end of the convention, but if this is how we are going to be treated, I'll seriously consider an early departure next year. Last year we stayed through Monday night and did not see this happening.
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    Liberty Foundation

I had several conversations during the week with multiple folks that all came to the same conclusion. There was definitely less toilets this year than in previous years. None were near the forums. I'm sure that this was probably an economic decision, but would have liked to seen them back to the levels they were two years ago.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

When at Osh in 2010 I liked how it was easy to find a restroom. Seeing as I am disabled it would be an issue not getting to a restroom. If I had to walk a long ways to use one, I would head home. Just the way it is.

Before I attend another OshKosh, I will make sure this is not an issue. If it does not go back to how it was, I will never attend again. I am sure there are others in my shoes. Bummer for us.

Tony

I noticed that the Porta Johns were not serviced as much as they were the past few years. Also the dumpsters were not emptied as much as in the past. I never saw dumpsters so full as I did this year. Anyone else have this observation? Economics or poor planning?

I thought the opposite. The porta johns and dumpsters seemed very well maintained, until Friday that is. I don't know if it was the weather or what, but I don't think they were maintained at all on Friday.