The following rant should be considered in the context that I love Airventure and have, maybe, 30+ of this event under my belt. Flew in this year like the last 8 or 10 times. And.....I am definitely NOT a "foodie", but roadkill on the grill would have tasted better than what I got for 5 nights and days.

Okay, I arrived on Saturday before, and left Thursday morning. By Tuesday I was suffering from Stage IV Oshkosh Scurvy.

I am going exclude the Tall Pines Café as you can't go wrong there. Maybe it is because it is staffed and operated by volunteers?? Also the place they used to call "Aces", that is not too bad.

As for the rest..."the professionals".....gag me with a spoon. It is obvious that a contract was given to ONE company who put together this limited menu with the notion we are trapped and we will eat it and LIKE IT! The attempt at "sit down" dining near the Vintage Red Barn is just another place to eat the basic swill they served everywhere else. Sea Plane base, same deal.

I am already planning on next year. I will bring food like years before. Also I will be tankering Coke. (There is a reason it is NOT called "Crown and Pepsi").....

Please, EAA, this was awful. The only "downer" of a great Airventure...(other than the airshow performers who play that HIDEOUS Katy Perry song during their routines).

See you all next year. Flame suit on.