Thread: Trip Hazard At Ultralight Area

Trip Hazard At Ultralight Area

Hi EAA Folks,

On Wednesday I was walking quickly toward the tram stop at the ultralight runway and tripped over something in the grass, and tore up my toe pretty badly. I went back to look and it was a capped pipe, like an old water pipe, standing about four inches high. It was completely hidden in the grass; if someone were running by and tripped on it, or stepped on it just wrong, they could really get hurt. I tried piling some broken pavement bits around it to make it more visible, but that didn't work, so that night I found a runway-marker cone sitting behind a building, not being used, and put that over it. It was still there Thursday but may have been moved by now.

Here are a couple of pics showing where it is, under the cone. It's about eight feet or so southeast of that dark green box, between the Tall Pines cafe tent and the SE end of the ultralight runway. IDK if it is something that can be dug up, but it definitely should be marked so no one else trips over it.

Apart from the periodic deluges and a bloody toe, it's been a great fly-in so far. Where else can you go from seeing a Doolittle Raider to talking with a Concorde captain while the Thunderbirds fly around? Sad to see that the Aviator's Bookshelf people are calling it quits after this year, though.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

So that's where my green cone went!