Thread: Parking Reported Full Today

Parking Reported Full Today

I see on the EAA site G.A. Parking is reported full, accepting no arrivals presently. The G.A. Camping area is reported 99% full.

I take great as good news, some vendors mentioned attendance was on the weak side. Has it filled up in the last few years? I'm sure there is ebb and flow as early birds depart. Of course the outlying airports like Fond Du Lac and others are available.

Where are you seeing that information and does it include vintage camping? I was possibly planning on flying in Weds morning.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

The field was closed to twins and jets today unless you had a parking reservation. We arrived at 12:00 to GAP with LOTS of parking available. Looks like plenty of room in all the major areas including vintage.

I don't want to report bad info, just looking at, Flying in, ground operations, then aircraft parking status. I realize arrival Atis would be the final word with what's going on.

Then on ATIS it says only 'twin engine' aircraft are effected, with parking restrictions.

Open to singles is the most recent update.
    Last edited by Joe Delene; 07-30-2014 at 10:36 AM.

As listed on page one of the AirVenture NOTAM, aircraft parking area status is available at www.airventure.org/aircraftparking.

I am not sure what any atis or notice says, but I can see that are a few gen av parking spots in N 40, dont know about camping spots.
    Weather continues good,clear, cool at night, warm in the sun now, Wed at 2:30 pm

It is Wednesday night here in row 520 on the N-40. The aircraft on either side of me and pointed West left this morning and I noticed the row has a few more open slots. I wouldn't hesitate to come if I were you.