Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Week Wonder

Banned
    Left for the exit around 11pm Saturday night and stopped to see the status. Plane was now in front of the tent and looked almost finished with about 5 builders still there doing work at that late hour.

We flew home on Sunday. Did they complete it on time? Did anyone see them fire up and taxi?

Hey, Floats! Get yourself to the Control Tower Videographer webcam....as of now it's playing a re-run of one of the airshows, and the first 8 minutes or so is is OWW start-up and taxiing around.

Jim

Banned
    Thanks for the tip Jim. How 'bout that!, from 100's of airplane parts in a box to taxi in 7 days. I do believe I saw my rivet and signature :-)

This week went bye so fast it's hard to believe that we got it done .much thanks to all the Airventure staff and all the guys in the core group and all the volunteers . It was a lot of hard work but so much fun !

Which paint scheme won? My sons keep asking me and I haven't seen any information. This project was the highlight of our visit. Thank You to everybody that made this project happen!!

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Banned
    Thanks for posting Russ, that's very cool. Kudos to all involved in this great and fun project. Looking forward to seeing it decked out in the paint scheme. Think it would look even better with a pair of Zenith amphibs attached.

Once again, I saw my rivet and signature. :>)

Anybody know why the right side of the fuselage looks like it's still got the clecos in behind the door? The left side doesn't look that way.

The boys are really pleased that their favorite paint scheme won. They voted and then "Instructed" my wife and I "How" to Vote. That is an awesome video. Thank You for posting it.