Thread: Arrived

Arrived

We arrived about 3 pm, saw some storms north of our course. but no real problems for us. Weather here is nice, cool so far. Fly safe and come on up.

Yes I should be there already, but have ride-alongs with a tighter schedule. We are heading up tomorrow bright and early. I went and waxed the plane yesterday for something aviation to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Greenwood View Post
    We arrived about 3 pm, saw some storms north of our course. but no real problems for us. Weather here is nice, cool so far. Fly safe and come on up.
    Well there goes the neighborhood! Looking forward to seeing you Bill. The annual WIX gathering is in Warbird Camping on Thursday evening. Look for the "Welcome WIXers" P-47 banner.

-Zack

Shot the RNAV 27 approach in yesterday. Yes it was VFR but I was IMC over the lake and down to pattern altitude. lots of VFR traffic when I popped out on final. Annoyingly windy today...but it could be worse.

Chris Mayer
    N424AF

Zach, can you come to the warbirds picnic dinner tonight? Becky is here now, would like to say hi, but she mayl be leaving Wed. I'm doing a forum Tue at 10 am tent 5 but know how busy you will be during the day I will try to come Thur. Bill. For Chris Mayer , what time did you arrive? I didn't see any clouds at 3pm or so when we got here. Today looks clear, but a pretty strong west wind probably right down 27.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 07-27-2014 at 09:55 AM.

Banned
    Left Toronto late Friday afternoon, took the northern route Lakes Huron and Michigan because of very sloppy weather across the lakes and via Detroit/Chicago. Stayed overnight in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan with the expectation of VFR next morning along route to Green Bay. Didn't happen. Been in the Soo for 2 days(there are far worse places to be hung up) waiting for weather to break.

We're good to go tomorrow morning, wheels up 6:30am. Onto Green Bay where we stay, then to Osh. Yippy I O Kiyay!!!

Flew in yesterday, fine weather, good time had by all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Got here Sat afternoon. Flew in VFR and got reasonably close to the bathroom house. Having an awesome time again. Each year I wonder if I should give it a break for a year or two...but as time gets closer I think.....Naaah!