Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First year camping have dogs and questions

Please don't take this wrong but I have a problem with people who don't take care of their dogs. We have a winter home in a large southern city and several neighbors put their dogs in the fenced back yard and go to work while the dogs bark at each other through the fence all day. If they happen to work nights it's even worse when you're trying to sleep. Dogs need companionship and when they get bored they bark or whine trying to get in. Just my .02 cents worth.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

Trust me I want to take good care of them but I can't afford to have them go to the vet while I'm up there that's what? ATLEAST what I make a week and last year I wasn't able to do eaa which I was *really* looking foreward to

it don't know if this makes any difference but it took about a weeks tips where I work to pay the camping alone we get an ok base wage as long as tips come to atleast minimum --I atleast feel I don't make much and we have been buying stuff all year to prep for this trip I can only hope I have enough and we've gotten enough prep

So if you can't leave Jen in the tent and walk away because she will try to get out, how are you going to restrain her and Carson when you are not there? Tie-outs? Crates?

There you go "See Spot Run" dog boarding in Omro, just West on Hwy 21. You could look into just a day or two if you plan to be away most of the day. Then pick up for the night just before they close. The rest of the time just limit how long you are all away from the tent the same time.

It's just an idea, workable I'd think, and cheaper than boarding near home before you leave.

Well the cage we have for Carson is stupid big like from when Jen was a puppy I allmost got one smaller like Yorkie sized or a little bigger but was told "no" I thought it'd work for what I wanted --but they love being in the car that would be a potential option with windows down and plenty of water for them too but have to watch the weather too --I know they hate cages and I know carsons is like the size for a lab puppy or so

So another update we did daycare for 1 day and now I'm running around myself for the day am just roaming and waiting on the airshow to start semi soon and get a spot with my camera