Thread: Access to Brown Arch?

Access to Brown Arch?

Hello,

Not sure where to post this. My dad was an EAA member for many years from the time EAA moved to Oshkosh. He's no longer a member, but my brother and I have been members for decades, and it's because of our dad's taking us to the fly-in from the time we were kids, that we both have a strong interest in aviation. A couple of years ago I bought my dad a brick at the Brown Arch. He's never seen it in person because he has some mobility issues and even though we could rent him a scooter, he really doesn't want to have to maneuver long distances from the parking lot, through crowds, at the fly-in itself.

So I'm wondering: is there any way I could get him onto the grounds sometime AFTER the fly-in, when things have settled down, to see his brick in person? He lives in the area. Honestly I'm not sure he'd still be interested at this point, since I have shown him photos of the brick, but if he is, could something be arranged maybe this fall?

Thanks for any info!

If you don't go while the show is officially on (or the day or two immediately preceding it), I suspect if you ask the EAA nicely, you could drive right up to the arch in a car. You certainly can do so in the days ahead of the show probably without even asking.

Give us a call anytime, one of us will be happy to get you out there.
    Tom Charpentier
    Government Relations Director
    EAA Lifetime #1082006 | Vintage #722921

Thank you, Tom!!!!!