Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Takeoff technique

control the aircraft. if the controls aren't effective, wait until they are. position the controls so that you will be able to tell when they become effective, then position them as needed to get the desired performance from the aircraft. any questions?

Just one...why are you trying to mess up my Internet?

It's supposed to be a place where we all talk about stuff endlessly, particularly when there is a simple answer to the question.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Most of what I know about aviation was picked up before age 12. And that was by pedaling out to NAS Brunswick, ME. and watching planes. The SubSonex video kind of takes me back to watching the Banshees and Panthers take off. Their little turbojets gave it all they had and their take offs can be summed up simply: Drive the first mile of the trip, fly in ground effect for the second, then climb out at "high"speed. Every now and then, a Reserve F7F Tigercat would depart and show everone what "stump pulling" thrust is.

I'm not down on the SubSonex. Its a pretty nice ballance of fuel economy, safety and fun.

Bob