Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daughter flying

Daughter flying

I'm proud to say my daughter finally got to start flying lessons again. She started about 6 years ago, but college seemed to get in the way. She had issues with her instructor too. He was going through a divorce and seemed to be taking his "problems" out on other females. Anyway, she had 8 hrs. logged upon resuming with her new instructor. She's got 2.4 hrs. thus far with him, he's impressed with her knowledge. Says she'll probably be ready to solo in 8 or so more hours. Oh, and she likes her instructor. The best thing is, is a new young pilot in the making.

That's great to hear, good for her for getting back on the horse! Sometimes the road is longer and more challenging than we think it will be. My own training saga bears this out. But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything, it has more than met my expectations.

Regarding the first instructor, there's no excuse for that sort of behavior. I've found that people who take things out on others are best avoided no matter what they might otherwise have to offer.

Thanks Bunkie. It wasn't a big deal for her not having time. We own the 150 and we live on an airpark. The airplane stays at the house so all she needed was the time. Now she's out of college, has a job, and time to fly. So she's doing good AND having fun!!

Good for her, keep us informed about her progress.

Quote Originally Posted by champ driver View Post
    Good for her, keep us informed about her progress.
    I definitely will!!

And not to get between her and the instructor, I'd think you could go up with her and allow some extra practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Delene View Post
    And not to get between her and the instructor, I'd think you could go up with her and allow some extra practice.
    I have. I actually ride right seat too. I practiced right seat quite a bit with my brother, he's a PPL also, so we've both done right seat practice with each other.

Got to fly with my daughter Friday evening. She did the take-off and flew the plane flawlessly. She needs to work on landings though, I had helped her with them.

Well, my daughter hasn't gotten to fly with her instructor much lately. But, I've been flying right seat with her to help her keep "in practice". Last Tuesday we went out for about an hour, she did EVERYTHING from start-up to shut down. Won't be long now, when she gets back with the instructor, she'll be soloing.

She finally soloed yesterday evening.
    Her instructor met her at our house. They flew the 150 to Shawnee, her husband, my brother & I followed along in the 172. They made 2 T/G's instructor got out, Michela made 2 T/G's solo (beautiful landings BTW), picked Ted up and all went back home.

Dad's proud and daughter is excited!!