Thread: Fly-in Arrival & Departure Hours

Fly-in Arrival & Departure Hours

I've looked all through the EAA's Airventure website and maybe I missed it but if I want to fly-in early, stay all day, and fly out late what are the earliest and latest times I can do that? I'd like to see the Monday night Kenny Loggins concert and it looks like it's not over till around 8:30 PM. If I'm stuck there with no hotel, rental car or camping options and can't depart because the airport is closed, of course I'll need to plan an earlier departure. Does anyone know if the airport is closed for departing aircraft at a certain time? And what's the earliest arrival time because I can't find that information on the website...?
    Thanks in advance,
    FlyboyRV7

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyRV7 View Post
    I've looked all through the EAA's Airventure website and maybe I missed it but if I want to fly-in early, stay all day, and fly out late what are the earliest and latest times I can do that? I'd like to see the Monday night Kenny Loggins concert and it looks like it's not over till around 8:30 PM. If I'm stuck there with no hotel, rental car or camping options and can't depart because the airport is closed, of course I'll need to plan an earlier departure. Does anyone know if the airport is closed for departing aircraft at a certain time? And what's the earliest arrival time because I can't find that information on the website...?
    Thanks in advance,
    FlyboyRV7
    Please read the NOTAM. You'll find your answers there.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

It's in the NOTAM. Lots of other stuff is, too.

All week KOSH is closed to arriving aircraft 8pm to 7am and closed to departing aircraft 8pm to 6am daily.

Read the NOTAM.

Bring a small tent and be prepared to spend the night. It's possible that you'd get stuck by bad weather or any number of things (like one-eyed jack crashing his jet into the middle of the field).

Don't attempt to push the departure times. Remember that it's not good enough to get your engine started by 8PM, you need to be out at the runway. The FAA gives a little slop to those in line most of the time, but I've seen them tell people in the middle of taxiing out to go back and shutdown.

Note that if you're in vintage, you can also get pinched if they close down taxiway papa for a demo which sometimes happens in advance of the daily airshow.

Thanks, good advice! I found the hours on the Notam and I will plan accordingly... FlyboyRV7