Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Mike - we'll have links built into the app in an upcoming update, but, in the meantime, you can go to AirVenture.org on your phone, then tap Webcams under News and Multimedia.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

I do that and just get a black screen where the image should be. It seems as tho its trying to load but never does.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    Oh - sorry to hear that, Mike. We'll look into it.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Thank you, I'm sure most people found that helpful. I'm wondering if there is another version written in English, or perhaps a "for dummies" version. Thank you

Hey guys,
    Did someone fire a ground to air missile at the north cam? Looks like your camera dome has been shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Hey guys,
    Did someone fire a ground to air missile at the north cam? Looks like your camera dome has been shattered.
    Yes it would appear to be that way.

The truth of the matter is before the tower was lifted into the upright position, the grass was mowed around the tower and got onto the camera lens.

We were hoping that the rain would have washed it off, but so far it has not and looking at the forecast, it is not likely to either. So now comes the challenge, how to get up a large metal tower that is not designed to climb to get 65 plus feet in the air. The tallest lift that is up there is still short of reaching the camera, but I am going to do my best to get the camera cleaner than it is now sometime tomorrow while I am installing the cameras for the One Week Wonder build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kitslaar View Post
    Thank you, I'm sure most people found that helpful. I'm wondering if there is another version written in English, or perhaps a "for dummies" version. Thank you
    Well there are several other versions I could use to describe what it is saying, but they really are not appropriate to publish on such a forum.

Last year we were able to stream to the majority of devices without any major issues. What we have found since the release of the camera links this year is that android devices quit supporting flash based players. Now that people have been upgrading their devices to newer models/android, the problem is more wide spread.

We are looking into options in hopes of being able to stream to android devices and we will post updates as we make progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Yes it would appear to be that way.

The truth of the matter is before the tower was lifted into the upright position, the grass was mowed around the tower and got onto the camera lens.

We were hoping that the rain would have washed it off, but so far it has not and looking at the forecast, it is not likely to either. So now comes the challenge, how to get up a large metal tower that is not designed to climb to get 65 plus feet in the air. The tallest lift that is up there is still short of reaching the camera, but I am going to do my best to get the camera cleaner than it is now sometime tomorrow while I am installing the cameras for the One Week Wonder build.
    Todd:

If you can't do it any other way, get the ARFF guys to help. I'm sure that they have to test their pumps regularly and would be happy to oblige. Heck, if they'll come out and wet down a pilot after his last flight, they should do this for you. I'm assuming that the grass and stuff is on the dome and not the camera lens itself.
    Last edited by Bill; 07-18-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Bill

Angry webcam

cams not working on any of my computers. all run window 7. Have used firefox, an explorer. The do work on my ipad though