Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I did not realize that the One Week Wonder stream, cycles through 4 different web cameras.
    Giving 4 different camera angles of the One Week Wonder
    About a 20 second view before cycling/switching to the next camera.

Pretty slick!

this time its a bad GFCI that won't reset...

3:27 PM .. Looks like the rain stopped and they are flying again.. Any chance of getting the air show cam back up soon ?

THANK YOU ! Even if the cam just stays pointed there it is still good.. Thanks again..

yeah..dodging raindrops yesterday, it takes the camera guy a little bit of time to setup and take down.

I'm taking a few moments today tuning into the video feeds while I do some thought collection and sorting. As always, I'm still flabbergasted at how this significant size of real estate can go from being so empty, to so full, to so empty again, in such a sort period of time. And I realize obviously, that over 5,000 volunteers make this happen, and yes, it happens every year. But I can't help it. I'm still amazed, almost as if I was a small child seeing an airplane for the first time.

Having said all that, I just want to offer my gratitude to all the volunteers, but specifically to the team that works on providing all the video feeds. In my opinion, you all went beyond the expected, both in scope and performance this year. The One Week Wonder was mesmerizing. I found myself spending far more time than I had anticipated viewing it. The Webcam Around the Grounds was just FUN, with a capital "F". For those of us who could not attend AirVenture, it really gave the feel of "you are here". I really enjoyed watching the guests at the EAA Radio webcam while listening to what they had to say. Nice to attach a face to a voice. The control Tower Videographer is improving yearly and making watching the air shows better and better. And of course the Wayfinding Towers and Theater in the Woods cams continued providing almost flawless coverage as we have come to expect. Coupling those Wayfinding Tower cams with the LiveATC feeds, really gives a good feel to what's going on around the field. I know there were a couple of hiccups, there always are. That's inevitable. But given the vast amount of video and audio feed provided, I think the hiccups were extremely minimal, especially when considering all the added features this year.

So, once again, my hat's off to all of you on this really great team. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 08-04-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

+1!

Plus a whole lot more I'd say. Hat's off to all the thousands that make it happen.

cool. Thanks guys, we really appreciate it. The random camera views were an unexpected result of good cell service and the ability to stream live from our phones to the server. We tried it for our own amusement an quickly learned how many people were viewing it. I think in the future you can expect more of that kind of thing...

anybody ever built a steady cam mount for a golf car?

Though I think your last question was asked tongue in check, just in the event it was not, I'll respond. Not exactly sure what you mean by "steady", as it can be a relative term. It could mean solidly fixed, or it could mean vibration and rattle free. I use a GoPro mount (well, with a GoPro camera also to be precise) mounted on the scorecard plate of my one-person golf cart. It's technically a golf cart but was made specifically for the disabled. Why they decided to leave a scorecard plate on it I do not know, but perhaps it was too much of a bother to take it off. In any event, it is very solidly fixed, though I would not consider it vibration free. On hard surfaces it does fine, but I don't suspect it would do so well on rough grass, etc. I guess that would take some sort of shock-absorbing attachment, or more.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"