Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Todd:

If you can't do it any other way, get the ARFF guys to help. I'm sure that they have to test their pumps regularly and would be happy to oblige. Heck, if they'll come out and wet down a pilot after his last flight, they should do this for you. I'm assuming that the grass and stuff is on the dome and not the camera lens itself.
    I was actually thinking of getting one of the helicopters and a pilot and I could sit on the skid and the pilot could hover me around them to clean them.

Quote Originally Posted by kpratt View Post
    cams not working on any of my computers. all run window 7. Have used firefox, an explorer. The do work on my ipad though
    I am having to assume that you have the latest versions installed of the browsers. Open up Internet explorer, then click on "Tools" and then look for "Pop up Blocker and click that to open the setting and make sure it is turned off so it will allow pop ups. Then open the main page webcam page and try one of the cameras. On my computer when I select a camera, first a new tab opens up, then a new window opens with the streaming player. If the pop up blocker is on, then only the new tab will open and it will show an error. Hope this helps.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    I was actually thinking of getting one of the helicopters and a pilot and I could sit on the skid and the pilot could hover me around them to clean them.
    ......and if you turned the Vintage camera North we could all watch!! Hi, Todd!! Cams work great on the latest Ubuntu/Firefox!!

Jim

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    You took the words out of my mouth. "Sky Hook" and a OSHA approved harness of course.
    Copter down wash on its own might just blow the GLOBE clean.
    Or a mop with a very long handle.
    Didn't some suggest one of those foam fire trucks spraying water at it.

Before you try that, I would consider the possibility of serious injury. I don't think that we can get along without you! Being crunched between the skid and the tower wouldn't be any fun. Take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPNnJ9JnMlY of 500-kV hot-line work from a helicopter. These guys are well trained for this work and they do it from a skid-mounted platform, not the skid itself. Watch the arc between the conducting rod and the 500-kV line before and after he does the work.
    Bill

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Ok Todd, are you going to tell us how you levitated yourself 65 feet into the air to clean the North Camera Globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Ok Todd, are you going to tell us how you levitated yourself 65 feet into the air to clean the North Camera Globe.
    I am afraid that is a secret, except for the luck (or unlucky) ones to have actually been watching at the time I was up there cleaning the cameras.

I am having to assume that you have the latest versions installed of the browsers. Open up Internet explorer, then click on "Tools" and then look for "Pop up Blocker and click that to open the setting and make sure it is turned off so it will allow pop ups. Then open the main page webcam page and try one of the cameras. On my computer when I select a camera, first a new tab opens up, then a new window opens with the streaming player. If the pop up blocker is on, then only the new tab will open and it will show an error. Hope this helps.

Todd
    I didn't turn pop up blocker off but instead added eaa.org to the safe sites list. I figure I won't mind any pop ups from EAA
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

I am afraid that is a secret, except for the luck (or unlucky) ones to have actually been watching at the time I was up there cleaning the cameras.
    Todd, your secret is safe with me. I am one of the unlucky ones who saw you cleaning one of the cameras this afternoon (still trying to purge the memory, but fortunately near objects are not in sharp focus). From the webcam view, I couldn't tell how you got up there, only that you and your cleaning rag were there.
    Bill

There is this little German Lady over at the Warbairds area.
    She runs Warbirds tours.
    She also sells these Buttons (button.jpg),
    It would only be appropriate that the lucky (or unlucky) ones that were watching you,
    should have to wear the buttons the duration of AirVenture. Don't forget yourself :-)
    Name:  button.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  31.1 KBI'll be wearing mine.