Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I really, really don't want to know, do I, Todd?!?

Plus, I NEED one of those buttons...

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I really, really don't want to know, do I, Todd?!?

Plus, I NEED one of those buttons...
    Yes, it is best you get the button.

But I will let you know I had safety in mind and pre-dialed 91 so there was only one more 1 to dial.....

Hey Todd, You may already know this but in case you don't; When I logged on just now all three cameras were black and I get an error message that said "Server not found: rtmpt://205.213.124:80/vintage/" I've been successful several time in the past few days so I don't think it's on my side.

By the way, thanks a BUNCH for all your hard work so we can look in on the big show.

Dave Sirota

Just got the same thing Dave.

All good now Todd. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Hey Todd, You may already know this but in case you don't; When I logged on just now all three cameras were black and I get an error message that said "Server not found: rtmpt://205.213.124:80/vintage/" I've been successful several time in the past few days so I don't think it's on my side.

By the way, thanks a BUNCH for all your hard work so we can look in on the big show.

Dave Sirota

sorry guys, our ISP had some DNS server issues.

Modern phone android webcam works.

Need 2 apps.

The 2014 airventure app

and a streaming media player like mxplayer
    (I also have the arm v7 codec for MX installed)

There is a webcam link in the android app.

Airventure app - find menu icon in top left corner, Airventure live section, select webcams, pick a camera from the list, if android asks what app to feed it to, select mx player and it works like a charm.

I have noticed that the mobile stream is about 30 seconds slower than the pc stream and the video time stamp clocks are set about 4 minutes fast.

If you already have a default video streaming app and it doesn't work, you may have to deselect the default app for video streaming.

Instructions for that: hold the main android button, select the "pie", look for the "default apps" tab at the top, and in that list, look for the default video stream app and clear it.

Then you will get a list of apps every time until you assign a new default from that list.
    Last edited by dmbleess; 07-22-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Thank you for the help for us dummies

Quote Originally Posted by dmbleess View Post
    There is a webcam link in the android app.
    Airventure app - find menu icon in top left corner, Airventure live section, select webcams, pick a camera from the list, if android asks what app to feed it to, select mx player and it works like a charm.
    I didn't have a webcam link until I updated. The default video player works fine.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I pushed a change to the app yesterday that enabled the stream on Android devices - glad to hear that it's working, and thanks for the clarity, dmbleess! I was only able to test on a couple of plain vanilla Androids - my expectation is that, unless you've installed multiple video players and you get the choices that dmbleess describes, overall it should "just work."

This change also improved the experience for iOS users by eliminating two taps, which was a nice side effect.

We (by which I mean IT people smarter than me...) are still struggling to find a solution for Android users accessing the cameras from the mobile website, not from the app, and appreciate everyone's patience. Hopefully, you won't mind installing the app as a workaround until we get things sorted.

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation