Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

Dave thanks for tip - it worked.

Just a little information about the feed for the Webcams around the grounds. This stream will go dark during the times that the Theater in the woods program is being streamed. This is due to the shared bandwidth we currently have available to get the streams out of the AirVenture grounds and t our server. After the theater program I completed, we will resume the Webcams around the ground feed.

Tonight Theater in the Woods Program starts at 7 pm central daylight time and the line up is:
    7 pm Bill Barber Awards for Showmanship
    7:30 pm Perlin Project
    8pm X Prize 10th Anniversary
    8:45 pm I want to be an Astronaut

Perhaps my timing is just lousy and I've managed to repeatedly miss anything on the cam "Around the Grounds", but I'm just wondering if anybody else has managed to catch that video feed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Perhaps my timing is just lousy and I've managed to repeatedly miss anything on the cam "Around the Grounds", but I'm just wondering if anybody else has managed to catch that video feed or not?
    Yes that stream was up all afternoon and we had many people connected to it. Please read the post before yours as to when and why it is down in the evenings.

Hi Todd. Thanks for your response. I kinda figured it had to be my timing on my end, as I was pretty much engrossed in the One Day Wonder cam while glancing at the Warbird, Vintage, and Ultralight cams. I didn't keep any cams up and open on my monitor that were not running when I tried them. Maybe that's my error and I should keep them all up even if they are not operational at the moment. When they do become operational, will the window I fired them up with on my browser automatically also fire up and the cams will go live on my browser, or do I need to just keep checking periodically? Anyway, thanks again. Cams this year are really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Hi Todd. Thanks for your response. I kinda figured it had to be my timing on my end, as I was pretty much engrossed in the One Day Wonder cam while glancing at the Warbird, Vintage, and Ultralight cams. I didn't keep any cams up and open on my monitor that were not running when I tried them. Maybe that's my error and I should keep them all up even if they are not operational at the moment. When they do become operational, will the window I fired them up with on my browser automatically also fire up and the cams will go live on my browser, or do I need to just keep checking periodically? Anyway, thanks again. Cams this year are really awesome.
    I would think that you will have to re-launch the player as it will time out. We are currently processing the video from yesterday and will be starting that latter today. Currently some other random footage is being played on that connection.

Hey Guys.. Thanks again for all of the work that you do for this event..

I know you only hear from me once a year.

Most of today it looks like the North and South webcams are Not Live. Is this the case or is the time and date on those cameras just wrong ?

Thanks again..

all 3 of the way finding tower cameras and the OWW are always live. Actually we have no way of making them any thing but live. We do have issues with elves that sneak up to the towers at night and unplug all our equipment presumably to plug in their elf phones. That often causes issues, also for some reason they sometimes have issues syncing with a time server like they are supposed to. But I assure you...if you see a picture on those cameras, its live.

Thanks for the answer Paul.. I appreciate you taking the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayden View Post
    all 3 of the way finding tower cameras and the OWW are always live. Actually we have no way of making them any thing but live. We do have issues with elves that sneak up to the towers at night and unplug all our equipment presumably to plug in their elf phones. That often causes issues, also for some reason they sometimes have issues syncing with a time server like they are supposed to. But I assure you...if you see a picture on those cameras, its live.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    FYI
    As of 10:00 AM 8/1/14
    Webcam Central/Vintage stream is down.
    Someone is charging their phone again.