Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 AirVenture Webcams Official Thread

It appears that the Warbird stream is down at the moment.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

I'm also seeing that

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Bryan View Post
    I pushed a change to the app yesterday that enabled the stream on Android devices - glad to hear that it's working, and thanks for the clarity, dmbleess! I was only able to test on a couple of plain vanilla Androids - my expectation is that, unless you've installed multiple video players and you get the choices that dmbleess describes, overall it should "just work."

This change also improved the experience for iOS users by eliminating two taps, which was a nice side effect.

We (by which I mean IT people smarter than me...) are still struggling to find a solution for Android users accessing the cameras from the mobile website, not from the app, and appreciate everyone's patience. Hopefully, you won't mind installing the app as a workaround until we get things sorted.
    For an added data point, I'm running on a Galaxy S4 T (SPH-L720T) - Sprint Spark / tri-band. When I saw the link was added, I started playing to see if it worked.
    If it worked on mine, it should work on all the Galaxy 3 and later phones, and that gets you a huge segment of the android market.

The app is well worth adding and running the stream from there is painless.

(Warbirds is back up again)

I'm having problems connecting to the webcams

I looked at the one webcam a bit ago, worked fine and looks like an ideal day to setup. I drove by yesterday, looking very good.

The time on the warbird camera is yesterday. Is this right or are we really seeing real time?

All three are sending video (live) fine for me. Both PC and mobile. I can tell the video is live by three things: the sun angle, the continued progression of setup, and warbird arrivals.

The timestamps are inaccurate. At 5:49pm central 7/24/14 they are indicating 8:36pm 07/23/14 (Warbirds) They may have been inaccurate all along. The last time I talked about it (30 second discrepancy between PC feed and mobile feed) I wasn't looking at the entire reported time, just the minutes and seconds to determine the feed lag between platforms.

It would be interesting to determine the feed lag from live also. Without a proper accurate live time, that will require an on-site visit.

The time discrepancy varies by camera. Ultralights looks like it is set close enough.
    Last edited by dmbleess; 07-24-2014 at 05:04 PM.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I do not know if anyone noticed this but on the main Webcams & Streaming page
    When you click on the Listen to Oshkosh ATC link (LiveATC)
    The pop-up in Firefox and Internet Explore does not let you scroll, Chrome does.
    Just a FYI
    You might want to send it down the chain of command.

Yes, they are 100% live. The clocks aren't the greatest at keeping time. When I get out of this meeting I will adjust them as close as I can. The total delay in the stream is less than 20 seconds to go from the camera to the encoder, to the server in Milwaukee and then get distributed to clients from there..

Quote Originally Posted by dmbleess View Post
    All three are sending video (live) fine for me. Both PC and mobile. I can tell the video is live by three things: the sun angle, the continued progression of setup, and warbird arrivals.

The timestamps are inaccurate. At 5:49pm central 7/24/14 they are indicating 8:36pm 07/23/14 (Warbirds) They may have been inaccurate all along. The last time I talked about it (30 second discrepancy between PC feed and mobile feed) I wasn't looking at the entire reported time, just the minutes and seconds to determine the feed lag between platforms.

It would be interesting to determine the feed lag from live also. Without a proper accurate live time, that will require an on-site visit.

The time discrepancy varies by camera. Ultralights looks like it is set close enough.

Do you say they are working now, Fri about 1:20 Osh time? All I get is a dark screen on all three.