Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Mass Arrivals

2014 Mass Arrivals

Perhaps I've missed it somewhere but I don't see any info on the various Mass Arrivals scheduled this year. Is that info available somewhere?
    So far I've compiled this info from a few of the type group mass arrival webpages. Missing ETAs for most of them.

Cherokees - based in Waupaca, fly in on Friday
    Bonanzas - based in Rockford, fly in on Saturday
    Cessnas -based in Juneau, fly in on Saturday
    Mooneys - based in Madison, fly in on Sunday (~11am OSH arrival)

I've always arrived after the mass arrivals. I assume they keep other arrival going on the other runway(s). Is that the case?
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

The mass arrivals come straight in to 36 L and R bypassing the Ripon stuff entirely. All the Ripon traffic is routed up to 9/27.

Do you or anyone else know the times of the Saturday arrivals? I will hitting Ripon at about 5p Saturday evening. I park in Vintage so 9/27 does me no good. Thanks in advance for any information.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    President EAA Chapter 821
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

You can land on 9/27 and get to VINTAGE just fine. I have done it any number of times (Oh, you're a 195 and can't taxi).

The Bonanzas To Oshkosh arrive at 1 PM Saturday
    The MooneyCaravan arrives at 11AM Saturday
    Cherokees 1PM Friday
    Cessnas 2:30PM Saturday

I am aware that I can get to Vintage from 9/27. I, too, have done it many times. I just prefer to NOT have to shut down with oil temps in the red. I don't know what you mean about a 195 not being able to taxi. That is a new one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    You can land on 9/27 and get to VINTAGE just fine. I have done it any number of times (Oh, you're a 195 and can't taxi).

The Bonanzas To Oshkosh arrive at 1 PM Saturday
    The MooneyCaravan arrives at 11AM Saturday
    Cherokees 1PM Friday
    Cessnas 2:30PM Saturday
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    They use to have the mass arrival dates & times in the main schedule on the EAA website.
    The New website schedule calendar this year, only goes back to Sunday, July 27.

If they post the Visitor Guide, or in prior years Info Guide (022.jpg) the mass arrival dates & times should be in there.

According to the NOTAM pdf, page 28
    They do not show the actual arrival times only various times on Sunday, July 27
    AirVenture NOTAM page

NOTAM

Large Formation Arrivals
    To increase efficiency and safety of traffic arriving at Wittman Regional Airport, several groups of similar-performance aircraft have been approved to make large formation arrivals. Participation in these arrivals is limited to aircraft registered in each group and requires an FAA letter of authorization.
    These formation arrivals are scheduled for Friday afternoon, July 25, for Saturday afternoon, July 26, and for various times on Sunday, July 27. Other traffic using the Fisk VFR arrival to Oshkosh can expect delays during these large formation arrivals.
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-13-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Hyperlinked links

The joke was that 195's can't taxi any distance without overheating the engine. That accounts for their preferential parking on the Magoo taxiway.

The times I posted came direct from the individual caravan organizer sites.

I guess I had not heard that joke, but thanks for your efforts to get us that prime parking.

The joke was that 195's can't taxi any distance without overheating the engine. That accounts for their preferential parking on the Magoo taxiway.

The times I posted came direct from the individual caravan organizer sites.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195

Lest anybody get the wrong impression, I'm just a worker bee (I'll park you there) but I don't set the policy.

You must be pretty high on the food chain to rate Pt Magoo. I usually get the S 40 (Siberia).

Lest anybody get the wrong impression, I'm just a worker bee (I'll park you there) but I don't set the policy.
    Larry Nelson EAA 35011
    Springfield, MO
    PA 30 / Cessna 195