Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I'm against bringing the Thunderbirds

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    ... most of the affected area in Vintage is "parking only, no camping"
    I thought the tents went all the way to the burn line. At least it seems that way when I walk the vintage area south of the square.

yes there is a big area, from around where the Cessna 195s park all the way south to the Ultralights which is Camping and will be affected by this problem. This area is usually full by Sunday evening, very popular with a lot of the airplane campers, I guess at least 20 rows. North of the Cessna 195s is generally parking only, although this seems to change a bit from year to year. When all the Cubs parked there, some were camping.

Does anyone know if there are there any maps out there that depict where the restricted areas for the Thunderbirds shows?

Thanks!
    Ron Barker
    Manitowoc, WI
    EAA# 784308
    Webmaster - EAA Chapter 383

Quote Originally Posted by rbarkerjr View Post
    Does anyone know if there are there any maps out there that depict where the restricted areas for the Thunderbirds shows?
    Yep, it's shown on the visitor map on the Airventure web page: http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/air...isitorsmap.pdf
    It's on the main, detailed part of the map, not the tram routes map that you may come to first at that link.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarkerjr View Post

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    Yep, it's shown on the visitor map on the Airventure web page: http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/air...isitorsmap.pdf
    It's on the main, detailed part of the map, not the tram routes map that you may come to first at that link.
    No dis on MEdwards but this is a better aerial photo of the TunderBirds Aerobatic Box.
    News page

That is pretty graphic, thanks. I wondered what was going to happen to the east of the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    No dis on MEdwards but this is a better aerial photo of the TunderBirds Aerobatic Box.
    News page
    Perfect. Thanks!
    Ron Barker
    Manitowoc, WI
    EAA# 784308
    Webmaster - EAA Chapter 383

Hey! I've got an idea!

Switch the T-birds from F-16s to A-10s. Much smaller box needed.

IMO, the A-10 puts on a much better airshow.

DITTO!!!! They are based here in Tucson at DMAFB, watch them all day. And the idiots in Congress want to shut them down!
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    I wondered what was going to happen to the east of the airport.
    Business Cooperation For Thunderbirds (click for source)
    The community cooperation with AirVenture came on the east side of the airport. As the expanded aerobatic box included business and residents adjacent to the airport, EAA worked with them to provide viewing and hospitality areas near their facilities. EAA also worked with the Thunderbirds to schedule performance times that had the least effect on the businesses on the airport’s east side.

Hospitality Tents for Thunderbirds Show (click for source)

Volunteers are needed to greet and be a host at the hospitality tents during Thunderbirds show for our neighbors and businesses near AirVenture. We also need volunteers to set up chairs and tables and clean up after each day the hospitality tents are utilized.
    Set Up Tables and Chairs
    Friday, August 1 – Anytime from 8am - 3pm
    Greeters and Hosts
    Friday, August 1 – 3:00pm - 6:00pm
    Saturday, August 2 – 3:00pm - 6:00pm
    Sunday, August 3 – 1:00pm - 4:00pm
    Clean Up Crew
    Friday, August 1 – 6pm - 8 pm
    Saturday, August 2 – 6pm - 8pm
    Contact Jessica Luft at jluft@eaa.org or call her at 920-426-6529 if you are interested in volunteering.

Sounds like a pretty Good Gig!
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-15-2014 at 04:36 PM.