I consider the "fly-in" to be over on Friday about noon. Apparently so did most of the pilots of the homebuilts in attendance. After that, it becomes an "Air Show" for the non-flying public, apparently for the express purpose of making more money.

Do I like that? No.

Do I like watching the Thunderbirds? No. Their show isn't very good. (The Blues are slightly better. At least the Blues all fly in the same county during a show.) It takes too long, with too little action.

While I'm on a rant, I don't like "Sport Aviation" either. It is the worst that it has ever been, and I have read every issue since it was called "The Experimenter." Get rid of the "Flying" magazine rejects.

Will I attend next year. Yes. I really enjoy attending the forums, seeing the craftsmanship of builders and restorers, talking to experts and amateurs, and visiting with aviation product vendors. I don't really go to Oshkosh to buy pots and pans.

EAA seems to be trying to be everything for everyone, and has become not much of anything for the experimental aircraft owners / operators / builders. Sad.