Thread: Funnel Clouds at OSH

Funnel Clouds at OSH

Did anybody know about funnel clouds while at at OSH last week? If so,are there supposed to be sirens etc,etc and warnings? What is the EAA,s plan for such weather issues? http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtlwYQyCMAMgIiL.jpg

Thanks
    MNWORD
    Last edited by MNWORD; 08-06-2014 at 05:39 AM.

What day and time was that?

I believe that is a Scud Cloud and not a Funnel Cloud. Was the storm rotating? If not, its not a Funnel Cloud.

I saw it too. There was no rotation (and wasn't emerging from a wall cloud or other formation that you'd expect). It was not a funnel

You mean this one?

Name:  IMG_1464[1].JPG
Views: 612
Size:  65.0 KB
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

It probable was a cold air funnel. not considered dangerous, and not the same as a tornado.
    http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/329/

Saw a whole bunch of people in the campground standing on top of their motorhomes taking pictures, then heard there were two sighted over the lake.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Our EAA Radio staff Meteorologist also believed this to be a cold air funnel, as there was no rotation in the system as it passed OSH.

Also let me add that EAA has an extensive emergency action plan that encompasses many possible situations including weather events. They have their own weather advisors and coordinate with local authorities to ensure the safety of all AirVenture Oshkosh attendees.

I am proud to play a small part in those plans as a way to get emergency messages out to AirVenture attendeees. For our part in this type of situation, EAA Radio has our staff Meteorologist in the studio whenever potentially dangerous weather is approaching OSH. He monitors the situation and goes on-air as needed to inform listeners. EAA Radio also coordinates with EAA Security and their weather advisors to deliver specific directions in the case of an actual emergency.
    Jim Gray
    Station Manager - EAA Radio
    http://eaaradio.net

Quote Originally Posted by ifly1848v View Post
    Our EAA Radio staff Meteorologist also believed this to be a cold air funnel, as there was no rotation in the system as it passed OSH.

Also let me add that EAA has an extensive emergency action plan that encompasses many possible situations including weather events. They have their own weather advisors and coordinate with local authorities to ensure the safety of all AirVenture Oshkosh attendees.

I am proud to play a small part in those plans as a way to get emergency messages out to AirVenture attendeees. For our part in this type of situation, EAA Radio has our staff Meteorologist in the studio whenever potentially dangerous weather is approaching OSH. He monitors the situation and goes on-air as needed to inform listeners. EAA Radio also coordinates with EAA Security and their weather advisors to deliver specific directions in the case of an actual emergency.
    Foreflight was showing rotation in one of the incoming storms on Tuesday evening. Were you guys close to pulling the trigger on any actions/announcements?