Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Request for eaa oshkosh

Request for eaa oshkosh

How about having enough port a potties and just as important, having them at more locations and not bunched up in fewer large groups.

They should be near every food stand, as well as major places that people go like the vendor buildings, forum sheds, fly market, food court, etc.

And they should be easy to find, maybe have small signs with an arrow pointing to the nearest one.

It is great to have the few real restrooms and wish we had more of them. The ladies especially appreciate these.

Compared other events I think Eaa does a great job of providing porta potties and rest rooms. Never had any problems finding one near by when needed

Great for you, however this will be my 32 year at EAA, and I have definitely noticed some shortages in some areas. Last year for instance , around the vendor hangars, and the Dairy Queen.
    I am not sure what "other events" you mean, but I attend college football games and they have restrooms, with real running water available in many places. Same for baseball, basketball, as for as I have seen.

Prairie Cottage Airport, 8KS8, Chapman KS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastcapy View Post
    Compared other events I think Eaa does a great job of providing porta potties and rest rooms. Never had any problems finding one near by when needed
    +1. However I have only been at OSH the last 26 years so I probably don't have the experience to comment.
    Jim Clark, Chairman National Biplane Fly In, www.nationalbiplaneflyin.com. Currently flying: 1929 Waco CSO, 1939 Waco EGC-8, 1946 Piper J-3, 1955 Piper PA22/20, 1956 Beech G35, 1984 Beech A36 & 2001 Vans RV9.
    You love a lot of things if you live around them, but there isn't any woman and there isn't any horse, nor any before nor any after, that is as lovely as a great airplane, and men who love them are faithful to them even though they leave them for others.
    - Ernest Hemingway

+2 but this will only be #29 for me. EAA does a great job with the portalets, plentiful and mostly kept clean.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

+3, but it's only my #27th.....
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Bill, I'll admit I'm the "kid" on the block since this will only be #10 for me, but I don't know what you mean about no bathrooms around the vendor hangars. With the new (air conditioned!) bathrooms between the East and West hangars, I've never had to wait for a "hole" to use.

And now I'm really curious - Where's the Dairy Queen?!?

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

I went to the first (was it 1969?) and only missed one year since. Never had a problem finding a out house.

Carl, as for Dairy Queen, a slip of the mind, I actually mean the A& W stand.
    Yes, there was a good indoor restroom last year in the east side of one of the vendor hangars, the south one. But there are 4 large vendor hangars and it is a long walk from the far south west one to this restroom, and that is if one knows where this one restroom is. As far as I can recall from last year, I walked all the way around the west vendor hangars and didn't find porta potties. Lot''s of locked potties for vendors and folks with golf carts, but not for the public. I am looking at the 2013 map right now, and I don't see these porta potties. The only ones I see listed or displayed on the map are the few actual restrooms. There used to be an air conditioned trailer with toilets at warbirds, but that was taken away.

I do see smoking areas marked on the map, but as a non smoker, like the majority of eaa public, I think the toilets are more important.

iirc, there was a row of porta potties just east of the exhibit hangar b. Plus I know I have seen large bathroom trailers between our near the exhibit hangars in years past. I am comparing it to other large events that are outdoors. We have a lot of them here in the Oshkosh area (they do call it event city) and I have been to many where the facilities were very few and far between, had ridiculous lines and nowhere near as clean as AirVentures.