I received this today in my email ->http://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event...aspx?eid=56804

**The Ohio State University, Angle of Attack (AOA), Research Study / see contact info below .Topic: Volunteer pilots needed to study the benefits of Angle of Attack Displays. Compensation for time. .Date and Time: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 , starting at 8:00 am EST Download Calendar File .Speaker(s): Mr. Marshall Pomeroy (event coordinator) .Brief Description: Who Can Participate:
1. Volunteer pilots with a private pilot certificate having between 50 - 200 hours of total flt time.
2. Time commitment is 3-6 hours. Flight time will average 2-3.5 hours. Compenasation will be based on $10/flight hour. Flight time can be logged at PIC.
3. Flights will be conducted in university aircraft. Flights will begin and end at KOSU**

So, the FAA says it is OK for a private pilot to be paid compensation of $10 per flight hour of logged PIC time to participate in this study. Are they breaking one of their rules? While the study might be important, I would hope the FAA would be constant in what they say we can or can’t do. Does anyone else see the possible conflict with FAA regulations or is this SOP?